Tummy tuck for diastasis recti and brazilian performed the same day?

I am 23 getting a tummy tuck due to my diastasis recti im pretty small. But am interested in finding out if a brazilian butt lift can also be preformed that same day and what the cost would be . I'm getting the mini tt for 4,900

Tummy tuck and brazilian butt lift

+1
I do not like to perform a brazilian butt lift and a tummy tuck at the same time because I often harvest fat from the tummy and this may compromise healing if the abdominal tissue is elevated at the same time, diminishing the blood supply to the tissue.

Combining abdominoplasty and Brazilian butt lift.

+1
It wouldn't be uncommon to have these procedures on the same day. Especially where you are young and healthy.

As you combine procedures there is a small increase risk of complications and be sure to discuss this with your surgeon prior to any surgery. 

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Repair Diasthesis

+1
Diasthesis recti are repaired from the lower chest to the pubic bone. With mini tummy tuck are you getting the upper part of the muscles repaired???
With mini tummy tuck you can have Brazilian Butt Lift or Dermis Fat graft to the buttocks
Samir Shureih MD.FACS
sshureih @msn.com

Tummy Tuck with Brazillian at same time

+1
Hello!
I usually do not perform them at same time.Brazillian uses fat grafting .So if you lie on your back ..you will lose your grafts...I usually split this.

Thomas T. Jeneby, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

+1
Pictures or an exam would be essential, but I perform both of these at the same time frequently.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and tummy tucks each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

TT and BBL

+1
Photos would help comment on your particular situation. But in general, a tummy tuck and BBL can be done at the same time. However, in my opinion, the best results come with staging the procedures. I like to do the BBL first, as I can liposuction your entire trunk and harvest the maximal amount of fat possible to transfer. Many times that transfer of fat includes some fat to the sides. So I ask my patients not to sit and to sleep on their bellies for at least two weeks to maximize fat graft survival. When you do a tummy tuck you will be sitting and sleeping on your back in a flexed position which puts pressure on your buttocks. You do not want that pressure on your buttocks for the first couple of weeks after the fat transfer. So to answer your question, they can be done all at once, but for the best results I suggest you do the BBL first followed by the tummy tuck a few weeks later. Some people only have time for one recovery period and that is fine as long as you understand that the results may be better Hope this helps and best of luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD