Will a tummy tuck fix me or am I too far gone? (photo)

I am a 31 year old mother of 2. 5'6" and 158 lbs. I had 2 C-sections in less than 2 years and I gained and lost around 80 lbs with each pregnancy. Do you think my stomach can look normal again? Should I even bother going through the surgery? I don't want to pay for this and go through the pain if it isn't going to be able to help much. In your opinions- will a tummy tuck help me look normal again?

TT fix

+4
Hi Ermm. You are not at all too far gone. A tt and liposuction together should give you an excellent result. Consult with an established Plastic surgeon.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss followed by tummy tuck is your best option

+2
Thank you for your question and photographs.  You are definitely not too far gone and your appearance is very common in all women who have had children.

You will get the best most satisfying tummy tuck result if you are able to lose some weight first and get closer to your ideal weight.  The fat under the abdominal skin prevents adequate tightening during a tummy tuck.  Some liposuction can be done but aggressive liposuction is dangerous during a tummy tuck procedure.

Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in tummy tuck surgeryand has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Consider tummy tuck after done with pregnancies

+2
Thank you for your question and photos.

You will benefit from a full abdominoplasty with mesh procedure to help you lose additional weight if you have reached a plateau and you no longer plan to become pregnant. The mesh will also help you maintain your weight long term. Look into it. 
You are certainly not 'too far gone'.
Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate

+2
I think you are a very good candidate for a tummy tuck perhaps with some liposuction.  You are a good weight for your height and have moderate laxity and fullness.  Find a board certified surgeon in your area who does a lot of tummy tucks and have a consultation.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck (abdominopasty)

+2
You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and can expect a tight, flat abdominal contour.

Be sure to consult a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and review a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures to gauge the surgeon's expertise and experience, and to get an idea of the types of results that are reasonable to expect. 

The link below has some more info on tummy tucks (as part of a mommy makeover procedure).

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Will a tummy tuck fix me or am I too far gone?

+2
It appears as you are a good candidate for full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair. But always best to seek a fe3w in person consultations... 

Tummy tuck

+2
You are certainly not too far gone and you will have excellent results with a tummy tuck procedure.

You seem to be having good success with your weight loss. I always recommend to my patients that they arrive at their stable wait before they embark upon surgery. Stable weight does not always meanrail thin ,what it means a weight that you feel comfortable at and can maintain without starving yourself.
You don't want to starve herself just before surgery because it will make it more difficult to heal. You don't want to lose a lot of weight after your surgery because the skin may become even looser once again.
So it's looks as though you're doing everything right and well on your way to tummy tuck but try to accomplish your weight loss goals before you proceed.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

+2
A tummy tuck would remove loose skin and could tighten the muscles.  Liposuction to the flanks and back may further improve your contours.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Good candidate for an abdominoplasty

+2
Based on your photos you would appear to be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty and you should expect to see significant improvement providing you are a good medical condition.  The next step would be a consultation with a well experienced plastic surgeon.  An abdominoplasty would repair your stretched out anterior abdominal wall and the excess skin and fat of the abdomen would be removed.  At the same time the upper back and posterior hips could be liposuctioned.