Tummy Tuck with an Existing Lap Band?

I am 5'2 and go up and down between 185-190 lbs. I had a lap band put on 3 yrs ago. I have gained about half my weight back. Do i have to loose weight? Plus i would like to know if the lap band will present the surgeon with some problems? and am i a good candidate to have a tummy tuck? I am full figured body type, except for the tummy and my arms which i would like to have done as well. Please help me as i am just starting my process of picking a doctor. thank you.

Lap band and tummy tuck

+2

the lap band is not an issue with a tummy tuck, the issue is weight loss or gain. if you think your weight has been stable for a while and you are not planning on losing any again, you might be a candidate for a tummy tuck. if you are trying to lose the weight you gained back, I would wait till you achieve that and see if you can maintain it.

A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is always a good idea and you will be able to discuss all the possible options and the best timing for the surgery.

Abdominoplasty after lap band surgery

+1
The lap band will not pose a problem for the abdominoplasty. However, if you are trying to lose weight, I recommend that you reach a weight at which you are comfortable prior to undergoing surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Tummy tuck works even if you are overweight.

+1

Hi.

1)  You will still be overweight, but you will have a flat stomach.

2)  Lap band is not a problem.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)