Am I a Candidate For a TT?

I am 5.5, have a apple body shape, skinny legs, no butt & weigh 279 i have alot of excess on my lower tummy area not doing it to to weigh less just cause its really in the way, its not attractive and most of all i feel that i have a bad odor!! and just not happy! tried dieting and i've failed at that so i just want that out of the way, maybe they can remove it and put it on my thighs and butt

Tummy tuck

+1

Removal of the excess hanging skin and fat will certainly help you with hygiene and excercise. Diet and weight loss is still necessary

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

Your money would be better spent at the gym and with a dietician.  A TT is a great procedure when you are at or near your target weight.  

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

Provided that you do not have significant medical problems, I think you could definitely benefit from a tummy tuck.  Many patients with your body shape complain that they have skin breakdown and rashes on the underside of the stomach.  Having a tummy tuck will hopefully remove this extra skin and get rid of the rashes and odor you are describing.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Am I a Candidate For a TT?

+1

Because your risk for catastrophic wound complications is so high, I would be inclined to say no. The usual guideline is to limit TT to patients with a body mass index under 30, preferentially under 25.  To get to 30, you would need to weigh 180. 

If you have failed tries at dieting, you might want to attend a weight loss surgery seminar in your area.

Thanks and best wishes. 

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

No, based on your description I do not think that you are a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery. I would suggest consultation with  your family practitioner who will hopefully will be able to guide you in the right direction (weight loss). Obviously successful weight loss will also help you with your overall health status ( prevention of onset of diabetes, hypertension…).

I ask patients to achieve their long-term stable weight before undergoing any type of body contouring surgery. I generally do not ask patients to achieve a specific weight;  rather I asked that they achieve a weight where they feel “comfortable” for the long-term. In other words, my hope is that patients do not experience significant weight fluctuation after undergoing the body contouring procedure.

Achieving the patient's long-term stable weight will increase the safety of the procedure and  decrease the chances that revisionary surgery will be necessary ( if he/she loses weight after having had the operation performed).

Obviously, every patient's situation is different and the weight at which they feel comfortable may differ significantly.

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Being at your height and weight, you would be at significant risk for a number of complications even if you have no medical problems and are young.  Pictures would be helpful in this case.  If there is concern for recurrent infection and you have a large dependent pannus, a panniculectomy may be appropriate.  Most plastic surgeons would not perform a tummy tuck in your case as the complication rate would be unacceptably high.  If you were able to lose 70 or 80 lbs, you would be a far better candidate for surgery.  Good luck.