Isn't Tummy Tuck Supposed to Get Rid of Fat?

I had a Tummy Tuck with Lipo in flanks area 7 weeks ago. Before my Tummy Tuck, all I had was a pouch in the front and I'm 5'7 in height, weighing 150lbs. After the procedure, I wore the garment up until 6 weeks and I still have a pouch from my belly button to the scar. Doctor said I now need a Smart Lipo in another 6 weeks. My skin is not tight at all--I can actually pinch the fat. I thought Tummy Tuck was suppose to get rid of the fat. Can someone pls help me understand. Why?

Stay with your doctor as long as they are a real plastic surgeon

+1

I personally can't think of a patient of mine who ever had what you are describing and I can't tell from the one photo exactly what's going on. All I can hope is that you went to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and not someone masquarading as one. There are many doctors in FL who pretend to be plastic surgeons unfortunately. Check the credentials closely and if they don't have Am. Board of Plastic Surgery certification, go to someone who does for another opinion.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Tummy Tuck removes some fat, not all of it

+1

Tummy tuck removes some fat, but cannot remove all of it. What it looks like afterward depends on how fat you were before. So probably, a lot of fat was removed, but you are still 'full' because of the amount of fat you had before the surgery. Of course, there is also still some swelling, which willget better in time. However, the best plan would be for you to undergo a major diet weight loss program followed by repeat tummy tuck if you want a flat, tight abdomen.

You need to have a detailed discussion with your Dr

+1

It is very difficult to assess your situation with just one 7 week after picture. We do not see what things looked like before, do not know what was actually done and most importantlyy what you and your Dr discussed regarding the procedure and expectations.

It is also early in the healing period and things will change but they usually get looser rather than tighter.

Follow up with your Dr and don't be afraid to ask as many questions you need to ask until you understand and are satisfied with the explanation.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Continue to follow up with your physician

+1

Tummy tuck and liposuction is a procedure that removes some of the excess fat and skin. The removal is usually limited to the area below the belly button and down to the pubis. The liposuction should be done carefully and should be limited to the safe zones of the abdomen. The area above the belly button is difficult to liposculpture due to fears of blood supply interruption.

It is hard for me to determine from the picture the extent of the revision needed. In general,the best approach is to follow with your plastic surgeon. If Liposuction is planned later, try to maximize your weight loss and work out once it is allowed. This will give you the best possible result. Hope that helps.

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/tummy-tuck/