Should I Get a Tummy Tuck If I Dont Have Kids? I Am 19 I Never Had Kids.

should i get a tummy tuck If i dont have kids? I am 19 I never had kids I am 5'3 165 pounds and never had kids i sent my pictures to a Dr and he told me i need A tummy tuck not lipo but i dont like thr idea i dont even.havekids Should i just get lipo? What can i do? I do workout and stuff but i want results faster

19 Years old: Tummy tuck vs. Lipo

+1

What can I do?  I do workout and stuff but I want results faster............

5'3" 165 pounds

Stephanie,  body contouring procedures are not weight loss procedures. Period.

How did you end up at your present height and weight?  What have you been doing to try and lose weight?  What is your present job? 

At 19 years old, your body is at its best in terms of physical function.  If you are having difficulty losing weight now, watch out what happens after you have kids and after age 30, 40, 50. 

Body contouring procedures are not shortcuts.  If you are unable to maintain a lifestyle that supports a healthy weight currently, you will be unable to maintain it following any procedure that you have.

Surgery is serious.  People die after liposuction and abdominoplasties.  Either procedures should not be taken lightly.  Please do not pursue either option until you have truly had a change in your present lifestyle and have gotten down to a more manageable weight.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Should a 19 year old without children have a tummy tuck?

+1

Thank you for your question.  In general, I do not recommend a tummy tuck for women who are thinking they may have children in the future.  This is because a future pregnancy will expand the abdominal wall significantly and pretty much undo the tummy tuck.  During a tummy tuck, excess skin is removed from the abdomen and the abdominal wall muscles are tightened.  It may be possible for you to have a skin-only tummy tuck, but you would need an exam to see if that is possible.  The other part of your question - should you have liposuction or a tummy tuck- is very difficult to answer without seeing your abdomen.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Hello

+1

Without pictures or an exam we cannot let you know whether you need a tummy tuck or not or if you would be a good candidate for Vaser liposuction. You need to go to a consultation so we are able to give you more accurate information.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS