Can anybody recommend to me a doctor in New York who offers this procedure cheap?

My fiance wants a Tummy Tuck as a gift due to weight gain as well as her children (2). She wants me to pay for the procedure, but I don't have a lot of money. Can anybody recommend to me a doctor in New York who offers this procedure cheap?

Inexpensive tummy tuck in New York City

+2

As a surgeon practicing in NYC, I know the costs can be high for patients. Most of the New York City plastic surgery residency training programs have clinics. She can go to the clinic and will be evaluated. If she is a good candidate for the surgery, the residents will perform the procedure under the guidance and instruction of one of their plastic surgery attendings.

Such clinics are available at Bellevue Hospital (affiliated with Institutue of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery-NYU Medical Center), Tisch Hospital (NYU), Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital and others. I am familiar with the 3 I mentioned because I trained at those hospitals. Also check out New York PresbyterianHospital (Cornell) and Montefiore (Albert Einstein) and Mount Sinai Hospital. All of these hospitals have training programs and may have clinics. Hope this helps.

Don't cut corners because of cost

+2

If you're shopping for cheap, you'll probably get what you pay for.

Wait until you can pick someone based on their qualifications, skill level, training, and experience. Otherwise, you'll likely wish you had waited.

Sorry, but some things can't be had for little money: an excellent plastic surgeon is one of them.

Common Law of Business Balance (possibly attributable to John Ruskin):

"It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money — that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot — it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better."

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon