Tummy Tuck a Good Alternative to Diet and Exercise After 2 C-sections?

I have tried diet and exercise and I'm not getting rid of that flap that makes me wanna puke. Is tummy tuck a good alternative for me?

Tummy Tuck After Pregnancies

+1
Although a physical examination with a board certified plastic surgeon would best to determine the most suitable treatment, chances are you probably won't get rid of excess loose skin after pregnancy with exercise and diet alone. You could certainly wait and see if it tightens back up, though. 

It is good for your overall health to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen, but many women find a tummy tuck is the only way to dramatically improve their body contour. Best of luck!

Tummy Tuck Surgery Candidate?

+1

It is not possible to get good advice without pictures or direct physical examination.

Generally speaking, most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss,  experience changes in the abdominal wall musculature (spreading of the abdominal wall muscles) and/or looseness of the abdominal wall skin (related to loss of skin elasticity).   These anatomic changes must be diagnosed correctly and the treatment plan will likely be tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty).   If, for whatever reason, liposuction  surgery is performed instead the patient will likely be dissatisfied with the results and require further surgery (for example tummy tuck)  to achieve the desired results. 

Tummy tuck

+1
Your p,and to have a tummy tuck really should not be involved in planning what type of delivery you have. That is best discussed with your OB-GYN. The c-section scar becomes unimportant if you are have an abdominoplasty.

David L. Abramson, MD

Tummy Tuck after 2 C sections

+1

It is possible that a tummy tuck is an option for you. It tightens your abodimal skin by removing that loose flap of skin with its underlying fat. It also tightens the stretched underlying muscles. Your previous c-section scar will be removed and replaced with the tummy tuck scar.

A tummy tuck is a tightening procedure, not a weight loss technique. You can maintain your result long-term by eating a healthy balanced diet and regular exercise.

I advise you to make an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon to review all of your otpions.

Michael Diaz, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck restores your body; Exercise and diet maintains it.

+1

Many ladies who've had pregnancies and C-sections have a relatively fixed "ledge" above the pubic hair line as well as stretch mark damaged skin and abdominal wall laxity. You can diet and exercise extensively but that will only result in a thinning of the abdominal flap. Only surgery will reduce the excess skin and reconfigure the lax abdominal wall muscles.

That being said, after surgery, the best way to maintain your results is to exercise and follow a sensible diet. Insist on getting full disclosure from your Board Certified Plastic surgeon, so that you can factor adequate recovery, prior to resuming your active life. Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD