Is It OK For Me To Have A Tummy Tuck During The Hot Season in South Africa?

Can you please advice, i might to the tummy tuck in December, my problem does the weather play a role in the healing process or there are creamy that ar prescibed to the client to use, because in south africa ,especially the area that am in, it is so hot, you even sweat at night, please Doctor advice, do you think it is wise to do the tummy tuck in that weather.

Tummy tuck in hot weather

+1

Most likely you will be more comfortable doing the surgery in cooler weather. It's up to you as the patient.  I agree that if you do not have air conditioning and the weather is very hot, the perspiration around the area of the incision may cause wound healing problems.  I also recommend my tummy tuck patients to wear a compression garment for 4-8 weeks after surgery.

Tummy Tuck in the Hot Season

+1

Most surgeons require a compression garment after surgery (I do) and it will need to be worn for 6 weeks, if you do not have air conditioning, you would be wise to wait for cooler weather as this garment would make you even hotter and could cause problems for healing if the incision site is wet with perspiration. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD