Tummy Tuck 2 Day Post-op Pubic Swelling?

2days post-op and I think I did too much, it's hard when you have a 3 yr old who has a fever and needs a lot of attention, at one point I had to sort of pick him up to change him and my swelling went up since. I was laying in bed and felt a pop on my pubic area and Ive been having a burning sensation since and hoping it will go away, I'm having such a hard time feeling comfortable. How much swelling is normal? I'm about 5'4 132lbs.

Overdoing It After A Tummy Tuck Can Lead To Swelling

+2

Swelling in the first couple days after a tummy tuck is completely normal.  The swelling tends to get worse for the first 5 days after surgery.  You may have strained an area that has been sutured, and it is always possible that you broke a suture but I seriously doubt it.  Most Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, myself included, put lots and lots of extra sutures in, so even if one was to pull out, the remaining sutures take up the lack and don't really lead to a separation of your abdominal incision. 

What could the swelling be?  Probably, it is just normal swelling but it could be a collection of fluid or blood.  The answer to this question requires a face to face evaluation by your personal plastic surgeon.  Obviously, when your 3 year old child is sick, you do what you have to do as a mother, but remember, you also don't want to go back in and have more surgery.  See if someone else can help you for the first couple days. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Pubic Swelling After Tummy Tuck

+1

Swelling of the pubic area is extremely common after a tummy tuck or abdominal liposuction. Gravity pulls some swelling south directly into the pubic region. This is a surprise to many patients but is not permanent and is a part of the recovery and healing process after the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.eppleytummytuck.com

Hello

+1

Having swelling after tummy tuck it takes months for the swelling to subside. It is not recommended that you pick anything 5 pound the first few weeks. You PS and staff should have told you that you would need help with your kids for a few weeks. You could have popped an internal suture. Pubic area being swollen is normal as well. You need to see your PS ASAP for the burning sensation in your pubic area.

2 days after Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

The swelling that you are experiencing is normal for 2 days after surgery. It is possible that you may have "popped" a stitch in the pubic area. This is nothing to really worry about and there isn't much that can be done to correct it. I would recommend to contact your plastic surgeon for follow up care.

Web reference: http://www.lookyounger.net

Tummy tuck

+1

It is normalmtomhave swelling 2 days after a tummy tuck this can include the pubic area. It can takeseveralweeks for the swelling to subside.

Web reference: Http://www.drabramson.com

2 Days After Tummy Tuck

+1

You may have popped a stitch but probably nothing to worry about. Check in with your surgeon for further instructions.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Swelling

+1

you may have pulled a stitch or torn something. increasing your activity beyond your restrictions also increases swelling. this is something you need to ask your PS about sooner rather than later