Does Tummy Tuck Cost Less with Less Skin to Remove?

I live in the Detroit area. I'd like to know the cost of a Tummy Tuck (no liposuction) from the abdomen area. Does it cost less if you have less skin to remove?

Tummy Tuck cost

+1

The term "tummy tuck" can be very vague and therefore price shopping can become confusing. The extent of abdominal contouring will dictate the cost of your surgery. Addressing the abdominal muscle/diastasis (mid line separation) and degree of excess skin and fat will help determine the extent of the abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) required. In general, a mini tummy tuck removes a small amount of skin from the lower abdomen. This will tighten the lower abdominal skin only. Mini tummy tucks are typically reserved for patients with excellent muscle tone, no diastasis and minimal to no redundant skin above the belly button. Modified tummy tuck tighten (plicate) the abdominal muscle from the belly button down to the pubic bone and remove a portion of the redundant lower abdominal skin.

Liposuction may also be combined to further contour the abdomen and flanks/love handles. Modified tummy tuck procedures will not typically address the excess skin above the belly button, nor will the muscle bulge above the belly button be addressed. Full tummy tucks typically repair /plicate the muscle from the rib cage down to the pubic bone. The excess skin from the belly button down to the pubic bone is removed (to varying degrees). Full tummy tucks are typical for many women after pregnancy and men/women after extreme weight loss.

Deciding which tummy tuck would be appropriate for you will be determined at your detailed, individualized consultation by your surgeon. While a mini tummy tuck seems ideal, it may not accomplish your aesthetic goals. Be sure to compare apples to apples when price shopping.

Mini tummy tucks often cost less than full tummy tucks because they are less involved.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Cost

+1

Most board-certified plastic surgeons have a set fee for TT and other procedures. My charges are the same for both easier and more difficult cases. You can probably call surgeon's offices and get a "ballpark" figure, but bear in mind cheaper is not necessarily better. You would not want the cheapest surgeon in town if you were having brain surgery.

John Whitt, MD