Can a Tummy Tuck Correct Stretched (Not Just Separated) Ab Muscles?

I recently asked whether muscles can relax post TT. I saw my PS today. She told me that I don't have a seroma, fluid collection or excess fat & that my abs were stitched (two rows) top to bottom but that I have to hold in my stomach in order to have a flat look because my ab muscles themselves have stretched. She only brought them back to their original state/position & nothing can be done to fix this, this is my final result :( I look and feel as if nothing has been done. Do I have any options

Correcting stretched abdominal muscles with a tummy tuck

+2

Comparing your first (side-view) after photo with your before side-view photo does show a significant improvement.  If your abdominal muscles have been thinned by stretching, you may be able to obtain some further improvement by exercising your abdominal muscles (eg. sit-ups).  Check with your surgeon about when you can safely begin abdominal exercises, as well as which muscles were stretched (rectus, obliques, etc.). and which exercises may help to strengthen them.  If that does not help, you may want to see another board-certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion.

Good luck.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You should continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon in order to receive formal evaluations and maintain your doctor patient relationship.

Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I suggest that if  the one year postop mark  you remain displeased with the appearance of the  abdominal wall you consider further plication ( tightening)  of the abdominal wall muscles to improve the results.