Tummy Tuck Combine with Lipo, It is Safe?

Some doctors can do liposculture with tummy tuck at the same time but other say it's risky. I'm confuse, is safe to have lipo in the mid area at the same time of the tummy tuck?

A tradeoff exists...

+1

because the blood vessels run within the fat, agressive liposuction combined with a wide dissection abdominoplasty will usually not be recomended by your surgeon.

In cases when  less agressive liposuction are sometimes possible, or a less wide dissection (ie, if you don't have muscle loseness, the dissection can be kept more limited), then combination treatments are possible. 

meet with your surgeon and discuss after he/she examines you.

Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction at time of Tummy Tuck Safely done by Experienced Plastic Surgeons

+1

Tummy Tuck procedures can be done safely with judicious liposuction. By this I mean noticeable but not a aggressive liposuction which is done typically in the upper abdomen and hips region in most.

Some techniques of  Liposculpture involve aggressive liposuction which can increase the risk of problems. Therefore, it is important to choose a board certified plastic surgeon with a large experience in doing both of these procedures together to minimize the chance of complications.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Liposuction at the same time as a tummy tuck

+1

The concern with liposuction of the abdomen at the same time as a tummy tuck is that the blood vessels that are needed for proper healing come from the ribcage downward. In the performing of the liposuction, if the fat in the deeper area is treated, it is safe. But if the fat in the superficial skin layers is treated, then the risks go up because it is in that superficial layer that the blood vessels that are needed course through. The less skin undermining that is needed for the tummy tuck, the safer the liposuction will be if done in combination

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck and liposuction can be performed at the same time

+1

Tummy tuck and liposuction can be performed at the same time.  I routinely do this in my Salt Lake City, UT practice.

Liposculpture, however means something different to physicians that perform a much more aggressive type of liposuction which helps to uncover underlying muscular definition.  I do perform liposculpture procedures, but I DO NOT perform liposculpture and tummy tuck at the same time.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Combined With Tummy Tuck

+1

Liposuction can be a very good compliment to a tummy tuck.  Many women carry excess weight at their hips.  If that is left behind at the time of a tummy tuck the fat can be more prominent, like wings.  This area is commonly liposuctioned during an abdominoplasty.  There is a popular procedure called a lipoabdominoplasty that combines more liposuction of the trunk with less surgical dissection.  An experienced plastic surgeon can make judgements about how much liposuction can be safely combined with with a tummy tuck without compromising the blood supply or taking on too much at one time.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

Lipo can be combined safely in some areas like the hips.  Other areas such as the upper abdomen could possibly affect blood supply to the skin with healing problems but in certain techniques can be done.  Talk to your surgeon for your specific contouring needs.  I hope this info helps.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1
I agree that it is safe to do liposuction at the same time as a tummy tuck surgery (I do this with almost every tummy tuck surgery I perform) but you should really make sure that you are consulting with board certified plastic surgeons in regards to your surgery.  Make sure your surgeon has experience with tummy tuck procedures because if not, there could me lots of complications (especially with aggressive liposuction in combination with tummy tuck surgery performed by a surgeon who is not qualified).  I would recommend seeing MANY before and after photos as well as talking to other patients who have had surgery performed by that surgeon.

Liposuction with Abdominoplasty

+1

We were all tought that Liposuction was dangerous with Abdomonoplasty. However, newer techniques that protect the blood supply to the flaps have allowed us to improve the results from Abdominoplasty. Not all surgeons have learned the newer techniques.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction with tummy tuck

+1

Liposuction is often combined with tummy tuck.  The surgeon has to be careful in key areas not to compromise the vascular supply to the tummy tuck flap which may lead to tissue healing problems and possible skin loss.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Tummy tuck with liposuction

+1

Certainly.  Many plastic surgeons feel comfortabel with performing tummy tuck and liposuction at the same time.  In my practice, I rarely do a tummmy tuck without liposuction. It truly enhances the results.  For more information, view the link beow.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS