Is a Tummy Tuck Cheaper Without Muscle Repair?

Does the cost go down if you only want skin removed? I have lost most all the baby weight. I am 125lbs & left with LOADS of skin.

Please do not compromise your outcome to save money.

+1

Hi there-

After surgery is you were able to save a bit of money, but you are still unhappy with how you look, will you consider it to be a good outcome and a series of decisions you will reflect on positively?

The vast majority of patients who made similarly foolhardy decisions in order to save money would agree with me of they could talk to you- wait until you are able to have the procedure most likely to result in your absolute and complete satisfaction.

After surgery, when you have spent your money (even if it was less money) and have gone through a surgical procedure, you will wish you had just waited until you could afford to proceed with an operation or surgeon which resulted in a better outcome. 

Muscle Repair with Tummy Tuck

+1

In my practice there is no difference in the cost of a tummy tuck with or without a muscle repair. I almost always find that a muscle repair is indicated in women who have had pregnancies. In fact the number of patients in my practice who have had tummy tucks without musvle repair is only 2-3.

John Whitt, MD

Abdominoplasty costs

+1

Each surgeon is different with regards to how they do their tummy tucks and how much they charge. Some charge the same price regardless of how much or little has to be done, while others charge depending on the severity of the problem, amount of work it will require, etc. Most usually tailor the price depending on what may or may not be done. I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon at consultation.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

You get what you pay for

+1

You want the best result or the cheapest result? Women who have had children stretch out their muscles and need them repaired. Don't cheap out -- you will not have a good result without the muscle repair.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Panniculectomy VS MINI VS FULL Tummy Tuck

+1

Respectfully, I think asking WHICH version of a Tummy Tuck may be the cheapest is the wrong approach and one you will deeply regret if followed. Would you be truly happy with an ugly result REGARDLESS of how little it cost you? A better question may be how you can get the best procedure for you at the lowest price from an experienced Plastic surgeon in a safe and certified facility.

In 99.9% of women, pregnancy leads to stretching and looseness of the abdominal muscles AND of the skin. If only the skin is removed and the abdominal muscles are ignored and a "Mommy Pooch / Hammock Deformity" results DESPITE paying with a long scar to remove the excess skin.

In my opinion IF you have muscle looseness, you really should consider having a FULL Tummy Tuck in which this looseness is corrected. If your muscles are not loose (unlikely after most pregnancies) then you MAY get by with a Mini Tummy Tuck in which a small amount of lower tummy skin is removed with no or minimal downward movement of the belly button.

You may want to contact my colleague Dr. Leonard T. Yu in Kahului, Hawaii 96732 . He is an excellent surgeon.