Where Can I Get a Cheap Tummy Tuck in New York?

Hello everyone, I would like to get a tummy tuck and lipo done, 11 yrs ago I had a 10 pound baby and gained 80 pounds while pregnant:( I now lost the weight and I'm left with loose skin and stretch marks. I cant stand to feel so uncomftable anymore. Does anyone know of a good doctor who is affordable, all I could afford is 4-6 thousand.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP Thanks.

University programs offer discounted tummy tucks with quality and safety.

+3

The best way to get a high quality tummy tuck at a reduced price is to visit on of the university plastic surgery programs and sign up on the residents schedule.  The residents are surgeons with 6 to 8 years of formal training after medical school and they are carefully surpervised throughout the USA.  In New York, try the Columvba program, or New York University, or Mt Siani, etc etc...there are several others.  Your will get quality and safely.   Do not simply shop for the cheapest doctor around who may have limited credentails.  There is truth to "you get whhat you pay for" but rniversity programs are safe with quality.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Cheap tummy tuck = bad tummy tuck

+3

A tummy tuck is a procedure with risks and you will see many examples of poor tummy tucks in the questions on RS.  Don't make the mistake of thinking that you can have a great result for a cheap price.  The best plan is to dedicate to saving for the right doctor in NY who will help you get the best result safely! 

Remember that needing to revise a poor result is much more expensive that getting it right in the first place and sometimes the revision can't even be done.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

+2

Regarding: "Where Can I Get a Cheap Tummy Tuck in New York?
Hello everyone, I would like to get a tummy tuck and lipo done, 11 yrs ago I had a 10 pound baby and gained 80 pounds while pregnant:( I now lost the weight and I'm left with loose skin and stretch marks. I cant stand to feel so uncomftable anymore. Does anyone know of a good doctor who is affordable, all I could afford is 4-6 thousand.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP Thanks
."

New York is a very expensive town and I doubt you will find a real Plastic surgeon who could afford to do a proper Full Tummy Tuck and Liposuction in a certified facility with proper anesthesia for 6 thousand. If you insist on having your surgery in the city you may wish to see what are the rates at the Plastic Surgery residents' clinic at :  Manhattan Eye and Ear Hospital, New York Hospital, New York University or Columbia _Presbyterian Hospital. If their prices are higher that your budget, you should consider waiting until you saved enough money.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Tummy tuck in NYC

+2

The question is not to look for someone who can give you a cheap tummy tuck but who is qualified to perform a good tummy tuck safely. There is a program at NYEEI that offers affordable plastic surgery procedures. Good luck

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Cheap Tummy Tuck in New York

+1

New York City is a very expensive city. You may find a quality fit at a teaching hospital such as at Columbia, NYU, or Mt. Siani. Don't get trapped by unethical facilities.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cheap Tummy Tuck?

+1

You will find that the cost of surgery will vary  significantly even in the same town. Although important, ultimately the cost of surgery should be  of less concern than the quality and safety of the procedure performed. In other words, do your due diligence carefully. Check with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and/or  and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for appropriate training and credentials.  Then, make sure you see lots of examples of the surgeons work in pictures ( better yet meet with patients who have had similar procedures).
If the surgeons you choose are out of your “price range”,  wait on having the surgery until you can afford them.  Elective plastic surgery is not an “item” you should bargain shop for. You will find that revisionary surgery can be more much more expensive.

Check for a board certified plastic surgeon.

+1

You can check around at different board certified plastic surgeons by going to the ASPS website.  If price is still an issue, you can check with plastic surgery colleges in your area. 

4-6 thousand dollar tummy tuck in NY

+1

I don't know of anybody that will do that in NY for that price.  You must take into accound the region that you're having this surgery done.  Ultimately if you can't afford to have plastic surgery maybe you should save up until you can.  Remember that cosmetassure will be offered by some and it can help in case anything were to happen unexpectedly after surgery and they will help cover the cost of it.  Prior to surgery it's a minimal expense and I've had it really save the least expecting people a bundle!  Best wishes,

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Tummy Tuck on a Budget

+1

If you are going to proceed with elective cosmetic surgery, you owe it to yourself to seek out the best result.   I would not proceed with surgery if you cannot afford to have it performed by a trained professional.   The cost of a cosmetic surgery complication can have lasting financial burden.    I recommend consultation  with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and see if you are a candidate for healthcare financing.   If you do not qualify, I would recommend delaying surgery until you are more financially stable.   I wish you a happy and safe result.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Tummy tuck costs

+1

Be careful what you wish for.  You may get what you pay for and then pay alot more if possible to fix the problem. Find a good plastic surgeon and pay the fee for quality work. Good luck.