Does a Tummy Tuck Itself Cause a Little Sagging? (photo)

I'm 30, 5'7 135 lbs. I had three full term pregnancies and experience a 60 weight loss. I'm fit. I have very little abdominal fat. Almost all of my stretch marks are below my navel and I have minimal sagging. I want a full tummy tuck. I would like to trade what I have now for a long scar and a bikini. Does lifting and repositioning so much skin cause a little sagging in and of itself? I don't want to trade minimal sagging for minimal sagging. Thanks

Does a tummy tuck cause sagging skin?????????????

+1

The answer to your question is no.  A tummy tuck does not cause sagging skin, however, sagging skin causes sagging skin.   What I mean with this statement is that if you have excess, saggy skin left after a tummy tuck, then you will have some laxity after you are done. 

From the photos that you have posted, it appears that your excess skin is minimal and is located in such an area as to where it could all be excised.  In doing so, I believe that you have an excellent chance to get a nicer contour.

Please go and see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Best wishes.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

With a very detailed request you best bet is IN PERSON evaluations. Yes there can always be minimal postoperative sagging. 

Excellent Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss. You would benefit significantly from a tummy tuck. Well performed, the skin laxity you have will be addessed. You would be able to trade loose skin for a tight tummy, scar and bikini.  All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Sagging

+1

If the "sagging" you refer to is streched out skin ....then the answer to your question is no.....a full abdominoplasty will correct the "sagging" as all of the excess skin is removed. It is  good operation to reverse the changes caused by pregnancy.  See one or serveral surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to obtain speciific information about your individual situation, and your suitability  for  surgery.                                                                                                                               

Harlan Pollock, MD

Tummy tuck and sagging

+1

Some patients undergo a tummy tuck and notice that they are flat when they stand up, but that their skin looks loose when they bend over.

This is not from inadequate skin being resected; it is from the loss of elastic fibers of the abdomen during childbirth.

We let our patients know before surgery that they will have considerable improvement in their abdomens, but they will not be perfect, particularly if the skin is very sun damaged, has been damaged by laser liposuction, or extensively stretched during pregnancy.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Tummy Tuck would work

+1

Thank you for your photos.  A full tummy tuck would improve your abdominal contour.  The stretch marks and excess skin would be removed.  In the upright position you will have smooth skin but skin is dynamic and elastic meaning as one bends skin will bend and there may be some rolls minor wrinkling.  This is normal and expected.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Tummy tuck corrects skin sagging.

+1

Hi.

I understand your question. And of course there are no guarantees with surgery.  But you should get excellent correction of the loose wrinkly skin with a tummy tuck.  You are a very good candidate.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)