Tummy Tuck Candidate?

I had my 1st child and after having her this was the result. I then had my second child and not much changed. But I look in the mirror and I'm not completely happy.

Every one always says how I have a beautiful curve and I agree. Its just the tummy area I'm not happy with :(

Sweet Mom's Tummy

+2

The photo shows that you have several findings which would be addressed by a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. The roundness, which starts just above your belly button and extends inferiorly to your pubis suggests that the "6pack muscle" or rectus abdominis muscles have splayed apart. This normally happens to all women, when the pregnancy proceeds and the uterus rises above the pelvic brim. In my opinion, sit ups or crunches will not improve this muscle separation.

Your belly button is lost by a hood of skin, which was an expected result from the babies' growth and development. It is really difficult to reshape the belly button, without a tummy tuck. In your case, a major tummy tuck could be helpful in restoring your trunk. This involves separating the excess skin and fat from the pubic area to the base of the ribs, repairing the muscle separation, making a new opening for the belly button, possibly a small amount of liposuction around the hip area and making a fine lined closure, which would span from hip to hip.

It's a medium sized undertaking and you should discuss any health issues, smoking status and child care duties with your surgeon, so that you can get a beautiful, long-lived result. Good luck.

Ideal candidate

+2

From your photograph it appears that you would be an ideal candidate for an abdominoplasty. The picture reveals; a lot of atrophied skin with significant stretch marks and a convex abdominal wall due to more muscle separation then to too much fat.

By having a tummy tuck, loose excess skin will be resected and most likely all of the stretch marks below your belly button would be cut out. At the same time the rectus muscles will be tightened giving you a tighter and flatter appearance.

If you are planning on having more children soon then waiting may be a good idea. Otherwise, go for it. You should be ecstatic with the results.

Leslie H. Stevens, MD

Tummy tuck?

+1

Thank you for your question and photo!  Tummy tuck is an excellent method for shaping the belly and create a flatter and sculpted abdomen after the procedure.  Looking at your photos, I do believe that you would be an excellent candidate for this procedure in order to remove the excess skin/soft tissue and stretch marks of your lower abdomen and contour the areas of your belly.  

I would highly recommend continued diet and exercise prior to any consideration for body contouring as getting down to your ideal weight prior to the procedure will certainly give you the best results.  Also, a continued healthy and active lifestyle will be needed in order to maintain the benefits that the procedure has given to you.  Also, I would recommend performing this procedure after you have completed child bearing, as your appearance may return with each pregnancy.  

Once you are ready for the procedure, I would likely recommend a full tummy tuck with abdominal wall tightening along with some liposuction to the hips/flanks for additional contouring.  You should consult with a plastic surgeon at anytime to go over options and then likely return once you have achieved your ideal weight  in order to assist you in deciding which procedure(s) would be right for you.  Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Great Candidate for Tummy Tuck

+1

Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does

not respond to diet and exercise are candidates for abdominoplasty. Abdominoplasty candidates have excess abdominal skin which may sag, a disproportionate or protruding abdomen, weakened or separated abdominal muscles, or excess fat concentrated in the abdomen. Many women choose to have an abdominoplasty following pregnancy, since their skin usually ends up stretched out.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

You're an excellent Tummy tuck candidate

+1

As the consensus shows we all think you are an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair. I might add you may need a mesh repair also. Good Luck.

Definitely a Tummy tuck candidate

+1

You appear to have the best possible presentation for a great result Tummy Tuck; loose skin with not fat who is otherwise fit. In addition to removing the stretch marks below your belly button, a tummy tuck will bring your tummy muscles together, flatten the tummy, narrow the waist and reduce a possibly sagging Mons pubis.

DEFINITELY consider having a FULL Tummy tuck.

Dr. P. Aldea

Candidate for tummy tuck

+1

It used to be that a tuck was the only option for a woman with a buldging tummy. Then lipo came along, and we could do a smaller procedure with virtually no scarring. However, people who have especially slack skin in their midsection need more than what lipo can offer. Typical candidates for this surgery are women with drooping abdomens after pregnancy, women and men who've lost a great deal of weight, menopausal women, or older people with loose skin due to age. In the tummy tuck, the skin from the rib cage down to the pelvic area is tightned, and the navel is moved up and secured in a new positon.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Abdominoplasty would address your concerns

+1

Based on the picture you provided, I feel you would benefit from an abdominoplasty. The procedure will not only address any excess skin and subcutaneous tissue you have but would also tighten your abdominal (6 pack) muscles and remove some of your stretch marks.

I do not recommend having the surgery until you are finished having children. Doing so would possibly effect the beneficial reults you obtained from the procedure.

David A. Robinson, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Yes you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck

+1

You are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck.

With this procedure, you will be able to eliminate most of the stretch marked skin below the umbilicus. Most of the skin above the umbilicus will be retained.

Furthermore, you will be able to have the rectus mnuscle diastasis repaired. This should improve your abdominal contours significantly.

You should have a visible improvement with Tummy Tuck

+1

Without the benefit of actually seeing you in person, I believe that you should have a visible improvement in your tummy area with surgery. If necessary, the muscles would be tightened and the excess skin would be removed. You will never be able to diet and excercise yourself to the point that you would be happy without surgery.

So you have to decide, would you rather look the way you do, or would you rather have the necessary scar, but have a substantially flatter belly? Most people choose the latter.

Darrick E. Antell, MD