Tummy Tuck for C-section Scar and Stomach?

I am a 36 yr old, African-American female who had twins 15 yrs ago. During the delivery I had to have an emergency c-section and instead of a bikini cut, I was cut from underneath the navel to right above the pelvic area.Now my stomach resembles buttocks and even with weight loss, it won't go anywhere. I'm just wondering would having a Tummy Tuck change anything?

Substituting horizontal scar for vertical

+2

If you have a vertical scar below the belly button, this can be substituted by a horizontal scar of a tummy tuck. However, try to get into the healthiest, most stable lifestyle first.This means being fit by exercising regularly, being active, and have a sustainable and healthy diet. If in the meanwhile you lose weight, that is even better. The more fit you are, the safer your surgery, and the more predictable and long-lasting it will be. If you have achieved this state, then you might be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty.

A Tummy Tuck is THE Answer to the "Butt Tummy"

+1

I have performed Tummy Tucks on multiple patients with the dreaded "Butt Tummy" from vertically placed C-section incision. The results have always been VERY gratifying for my patients.

A Tummy Tuck will not only remove the vertical scar but will ALSO, bring the tummy muscles back together, flatten the tummy, narrow your waist, lift a droopy Mons pubis and may even flatten dimply, cellulite skin of the front and sides of your thighs.

Look for a good Plastic surgeon (check www.PlasticSurgery.org). You'll be glad you did.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

Tummy Tuck should remove your vertical abdominal scar

+1

Frequently there is enough skin laxity so that all the skin from just above the pubic hair to the umblicus can be removed. Even if not all this skin could be removed, most of it could be removed, resulting in a huge improvement.

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck should remove vertical scar.

+1

Hi.

I think you can expect major improvement in contour and shape with a tummy tuck, and the vertical scar can probably be removed.  Of course, you will have a long horizontal scar at the level of your pubis. But overall, it should be a lot better.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

You are a very good candidate for tummy tuck surgery

+1

You are a very good candidate for tummy tuck surgery as the up and down incision that you currently have can be completely removed. It will be traded for a low horizontal incision that will be hidden when wearing underwear or a bathing suit. Your muscles can be tightened at the same time to give you support and a better contour.

David Rankin, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and C Section Scar

+1

Given how much loose skin there is, yes a tummy tuck can get rid of the vertical scar you have. You will be trading it for a transverse scar and a flatter tummy, which I would say would be worth it.

In most cases, when a tummy tuck is done, the skin below the belly button is discarded and the skin just above the belly button is pulled down to the new transverse incision.

Hope that makes sense.

Farbod Esmailian, MD