Is Tummy Tuck with Butt Lift Safe?

How much can I expect to pay and how safe is a Tummy Tuck with a Butt Lift? I weigh 115 lbs and have really good muscle tone, but it is not visible because I have thin, stretched out skin. I would like to have my skin lifted and tightened to reveal my muscle tone.

Tummy Tuck and Butt Lift - good choice for the right candidate

+2
With your low weight there may be a limit on how much fat is available to make your buttock lift the size yoy may want. Typically in my practice we do these procedures at the same time as long as the total surgery time is less than 6 hours.. From your photos it would appear you are a good candidate.. It is a common choice for Mommy Makeover patients. It makes a lot of sense to combine procedures: One recovery, and only being put asleep once and waking up, only one recovery room charge etc. Another advantage is that you can harvest fat from the tummy including the extra part that would be discarded in a tummy tuck and use if for the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL).

On the other hand, having staged, separate, procedures make sense for some. In that case, would do your tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breasts (mastopexy/breast augmentation) at the same time,

Butt Lift & Tummy Tuck = Lower Body Lift

+2

Combining a butt lift with a tummy tuck is really a body lift. It is a great operation for patients who have lost significant weight and have excess skin on both the front and back side of the torso. On the front, the tightening pulls down excess stomach skin, and on the back, it raises the buttocks. It also performs a thigh lift at the same time. You need to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for this procedure. Based on your current weight, I'd expect the procedure to take 5 hours which is very reasonable if you are otherwise healthy. You can see there are many opinions about the procedure, and it is smart to see several well qualified doctors before forming your own opinion.

Best regards,

Dr.B

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Butt Enhancement

+1

Yes you can do both at the same time.The brazilians also described a DERMIS FAT GRAFT taken from the abdomen and grafting to the buttocks. I have done that frequently and successfully.

Tummy Tuck plus Butt Lift

+1

I tend to "stage" these two procedures doing an extended tummy tuck first and following (if the patient desires it) with a Butt Lift 6-12 months later. This allows sequential tightening of the front and back sides with a lower risk of wound problems, as the body is not so severely damaged by one really large operation. This also allows the patient to consider after the first operation whether or not she wants the second. Some people are happy after just the extended tummy tuck and leave things alone at that point.

These operations are not standard like say a breast augmentation. Some surgeons do not perform them at all and many of us who do add our own special touches to them. Pricing therefore is not standard.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Combining Tummy Tuck and Butt Lift

+1

The decision to combine procedures must be made on an individual basis with each patient. That being said, given your size I will commonly do these procedures together as they work together as a lower body lift. We usually do this, with myself and my partner working simultaneously to reduce the operative time. Using constant infusion of local anesthetic for a few days, many patients of your apparent size can go home after a procedure of only 3-4 hours (you will need home assistance with a family or friend)..

Stanley G. Poulos, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

It can be done as one procedure, but you'll probably get more reliable results if done in 2 stages

+1

This procedure can certainly be done in one stage, and you may very well be a candidate for this-- it's hard to know without examining you. However, as it has already been pointed out, positioning on the table becomes an issue, as flexing you at your hips for the tummy tuck may affect the suturing that has already been performed for the buttock lift. This prompts many of us to perform this procedure in 2 stages, a few months apart.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

You may not need both operations.

+1

Hi! In New York City, most patients that we do body lifts (combined tummy tuck and buttocks lift) on are not as thin as you. Have you lost a lot of weight or had several pregnancies? I think it is safe to do them together, but you may well not need this much surgery. You will have long scars that can be unsightly.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Lower body lift

+1

The procedure you desire is called a lower body lift. This is a circumferential procedure which includes a tummy tuck and a buttock lift but also addresses the lax skin of the outer thigh. This is a very common procedure today and yields great results. The operation was described in its current form in 1995 by Ted Lockwood. Although it is more commonly done on people who has lost a substantial amount of weight, the original description was for cosmetic improvement for individuals just like you.

Find a surgeon in your community with experience and you will most likely be thrilled with your result.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

There is a conflict of positioning on the OR table here

+1

As Dr. Williams has pointed out, the butt lift requires a prone position and the tummy tuck a supine flexed position.  These create intraoperative conflicts.  Plus, the flex of the tummy tuck conflicts with the butt lift so my advice would be to stage the two for safety and logistical reasons..

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck with Butt Lift is a common combination

+1

Stacey,

You should pay an experienced and competent board certified plastic surgeon whatever you feel that service is worth. Prices do vary quite a bit -- kinda like cars (think Honda vs Lexus) -- so go with whatever you decide is best for you.

Regarding the combination of a tummy tuck and butt lift. If you are referring to the excisional butt lift, and not a Brazilian lift, then this combination is a frequent one. Usually we call this a lower body lift.

No undue risks or compromise in your results should occur if these are combined and the procedure is performed by a plastic surgeon experienced with these techniques.

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon