Tummy Tuck Bruise & Developed a Blister? (photo)

I am 3 weeks post op Lipo/TT/Fat transfer to Butt. After week 2 a bruise appeared on one side. Other side is healing nicely, so is front. I noticed a little red dark spot a few days ago that looked like a little blood under a thin layer of skin. The next day it got a little bigger and turned white. Dr said it is nothing to be concerned about as long as I have no fever or the area is hot. I feel okay other than being sore from the tenderness of surgery. It looks terrible! Is this normal? HELP!

Skin changes following a tummy tuck

+1

Trust your surgeon as he/she is seeing you face to face and will help you through your recovery.  Anything else from a distance is simply an opinion and speculation.  Your surgeon has your best interests and if a reputable surgeon, will ensure you recovery successfully.

Minor Skin Injury

+1

You have some minor skin injury after your procedure. This should heal and do well long term.  All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Possible hematoma following an abdominoplasty

+1

Bruising is very common in the early healing period following an abdominoplasty especially if liposuction was involved.  The fact that it is asymmetric is also not unusual.  If you are not having increased pain, warmth or redness then most likely this is not an infection.  Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to tell if this is a hematoma or seroma that needs to be drained.  

Concern about enlarged area of lower abdomen 2 weeks after a tummy tuck

+1

Although the photos are helpful and do delineate your area of concern, it is impossible to make a definitive assessment of this without an examination. It could be a hematoma AND there can be some compromise of the blood supply to this area. Other possibilities exist as well.

Your narrative did not clearly state whether your surgeon actually saw this or you just discussed it over the phone. My recommendation would be for your doctor to see it in person/again ASAP. If there is indeed a hematoma and impairment of blood flow into the area, this needs to be addressed right away or there is the possibility of loss of some skin and potentially other problems.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Bruising and swelling after tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for the photos. It's very difficult to distinguish swelling and bruising from hematoma and possibly infection by a non medical personnel. It's best that you follow up with your surgeon to check if this is part of normal healing or start of a hematoma/seroma. If the swelling is increasing in size then it's not normal at this stage of your recovery. Fever may not appear until later on. Have your surgeon look at it to be sure. It's better to be safe than waiting too long.

Best Wishes,

Tummy Tuck Bruise & Developed a Blister?

+1

Jazmin, I can't tell from the narrative whether or not your surgeon has actually seen this. It is not easy to distinguish among the \possibilities from a photo alone. If your surgeon has seen this in the clinic, I would share his lack of concern. If he has not, he should, This could be an area of ischemia (inadequate blood supply) which may need to be addressed. Fever and warmth would not accompany this particular problem, so the reassurance is not quite enough.

Call and make an appointment. All the best.