3 Weeks Long Enough to Recover from Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction?

I have tummy tank and breast reduction surgery next week. I took only 3 weeks off on my job, I'm a day care teacher. Is it enough?

3 Weeks Long Enough to Recover from Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction

+1
Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for postoperative care. Patients generally can return to light activity 7 to 10 post surgery. More strenuous activity can generally begin 2 to 6 months post surgery. As a day care teacher you probably have allotted sufficient time, but be careful how and how much you pick up the children. Consult your surgeon has he or she understands the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Recovery from A Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction

+1

The vast majority of women can go back to desk jobs in less than three weeks providing there are no complications. You may still be stiff and tire easily for a few weeks but you should be able to resume desk duties. I would not do any significant lifting or engage in exercises until at least 4-5 weeks after these procedures.

3 weeks off of work after a tummy tuck and breast reduction

+1

Hi there-

Your planned time off should be adequate for most women.

When you do go back to work, it is important that you not lift or strain (as in picking up and carrying children).

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

When to return to work after mommy makeover

+1

You should feel pretty good after 2 weeks following a tummy tuck and breast reduction, and return to work in 3 weeks is reasonable. However, the time it takes to heal to the point where you can lift and be fully active is 6 weeks, so you will need to limit your activities a bit.

Richard Baxter, MD

Barring complications three weeks will be adequate

+1

Yes, three weeks should be adequate time for your recovery barring any significant post operative complications. However, I would exercise some caution if the need to lift or carry children under your care arises. If possible, have a coworker perform such tasks until the 6 week point in your recovery.

David A. Ross, MD

Tummy tuck and breast reduction

+1

In my opinion I would say 3 weeks is enough time being out.  However, I usually ask my patients to not exercise for 6 weeks.  After the 6 week mark they increase their activity slowly, but are allowed to go to the gym without any restrictions.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Recovery from a tummy tuck and breast reduction

+1

It would normally be that three weeks would be enough time to recover from these surgeries.  When you are back at work you should avoid any heavy lifting and abdominal straining for 8 weeks.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Recovery from Tummy Tuck & Breast Reduction

+1

If you are not required to lift children in the day care center, 3 weeks is probably an adequate period of time to stay away from work.  On the other hand, if your duties require you to lift  the children, you might consider taking an additional week  or so off.

John Whitt, MD