Is This Tummy Tuck/Breast Reduction Cost Fair for This? (Male/25) (photo)

I consulted with a few plastic surgeons and the first one said that for my chest he wld do lipo and laser lift with little cutting so i won't have big scars. price was set at $10.5K. other doctor told me that skin is far gone tht i wld have to remove it and lipo wld just cause the breasts to sag more. that was $14K. Tht means the TT will be $8K & the breast reduction would be $6K. is it a fair cost? 

Cost depends on the type of procedure chosen, the doctor and the region

+2

Breast reduction is the solution for you with unfortunately some extra scars but eventually a flatter chest. Prices vary from doctor to doctor and region to region. Just choose the one with whom you are more comfortable with... Good luck

UAE Plastic Surgeon

Second Consult was correct

+2

You need a vertical reduction lift.  Liposuction will not work and my personal view is the LASER BREAST LIFT is in the category of hookas pokas  baloney.   Go to the second doctor.  Chances are you will get a fine result.  The first doctor did not get it.  Was the first guy ABPS_FACS?   I doubt it  but the second was.   Go for Safety, quality, and results.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

You need skin removed for your male breast reduction

+1

The amount of droop and excess skin you have will not be improved by a simple gynecomastia operation by liposuction and peri areolar scars. You would have saggy breasts and extra skin without the skin removed. Lasers do not tighten more than conventional techniques. You need a male breast reduction with at least the vertical scar, and if you want it tighter possibly the inverted T scar. This costs about $6000 in the Quad Cities, Iowa including facility, surgeon, and anesthesia.

A tummy tuck in the Quad Cities is about $6500 for everything surgeon, facility and anesthesia.

Benjamin Van Raalte, MD
Davenport Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

+1

The laser will not do anything for you. the sales pitch is full of you know what!! . regarding the fees, my fee for this will be $8000-8,500 for the tummy tuck and around $4,500 for the chest

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Costs for Male Breast Reduction

+1

I would have to agree that some skin will need to be removed. Liposuction will only make your skin look worse. I do think that the quote of $14,000 is very reasonable for these procedures if the doctor is board certified in plastic surgery. I would suggest anything lower may actually be questionable. 

Leo Lapuerta, MD

The free market sets a fair price for cosmetic surgery.

+1

I think the free market sets the price. The courts did not seem unreasonable to me. I don't think you're going to be satisfied with laser treatment of the chest wall.

Is This Tummy Tuck/Breast Reduction Cost Fair for This? (Male/25)

+1

Yes you need excisional breast reduction so the$14K fee sounds a bit high but in the range. Seek additional in person consults. 

Male abdominoplasty and breast reduction

+1

You have very ptotic breasts and unfortunately only a breast reduction type procedure will be beneficial.  Liposuction will just create more sagging.  As far as cost, in the Atlanta area you could expect about 4.5 -5K for an uncomplicated skin only abdominoplasty and 3K for a male pattern skin reduction surgery for gynecomastia.

Pricing of gynecomastia surgery

+1

I agree with the second surgeon as to the technique.  Laser and lipo will not be enough to produce an acceptable result.  From a NYC standpoint, I find that fee to be high, too.  $6k for the gynecomastia is an average fee.  I can't comment on the tummy tuck fee without more information.

Robert L. Kraft, MD