Mommy Makeover and Brazilian Butt Lift on the Same Day Recommended?

Combining cosmetic surgical procedures.

+2

Several factors are important to consider when combining plastic surgical procedures. The first is whether the recovery requirements of one procedure conflict with the recovery requirements of the others. For a Brazilian Butt Lift, many surgeons require offloading of the buttocks for 2 weeks or more. This means no sitting or lying on the buttocks. A tummy tuck and breast procedure will require that you sit in a flexed position in bed and not lie on your stomach. As you can see, these postoperative instructions contradict each other. Other issues to consider are the overall time for surgery which impacts both patient safety and surgeon fatigue.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover surgery and simultaneous butt lift

+1

Mommy makeover surgeries can often involve a simultaneous buttock lift. You should consult with a plastic surgeon to discuss your options for both procedures. 

Too Much at Once

+1

I would not recommend combining these procedures.  The aftercare for the tummy tuck and BBL are opposite of one another.  I would recommend getting the BBL done first because the fat removed from your abdomen would benefit your tummy tuck.

Dr. ES

? Can Mommy Makeover and BBL be done on the same day.

+1

Thank you for your question. The answer depends on which combination of mommy makeover procedures you are having done.

Can a Mommy Makeover and the BBL be performed on the same day/

+1

A Mommy Makeover may include a combination of any of the following:  Tummy-tuck, Breast lifting and/or augmentation, and the BBl. In our center we often combine the BBL with a tummy-tuck and or breast surgery. But it depends upon the health and status of the patient, including the severity of the componenets for the Mommy Makeover. You need to find a Board Certified plastic surgeron with extensive experience with the BBL and then follow his/her recommendations. Good luck!

Web reference: http://drlefkovits.com

Mommy makeover and BBL / cambio de imagen con transferencia de grasa

+1

In my practice I do not recommend a tummy tuck with a BBL.  The reason is simple, it compromises the results of the BBL.  After the Brazilian butt lift, my patients only sit on the butt when going to the bathroom for the first two weeks.  Otherwise the results aren't as dramatic.  If you are really going to do the BBL and mommy makeover, I recommend that you do the BBL first.  The reason is that we can harvast all that fat from the abdomen and use it for the butt.  Then when I come back to do the tummy tuck after the abdominal skin is thinner and you get a better result.  The breast can be done with either procedure.

Good luck with your surgery!

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

En mi oficina yo no recomiendo un tummy tuck con transferencia de grasa al mismo tiempo. La razon es simple: compromete el resultado del tummy tuck. Despues de la transferencia den grasa mis pacientes solo se sientan sobre los gluteos para ir al baƱo por las primeras dos semanas. De lo contrario la diferencia no seria tan dramatica. Si usted va realmente someterse a una transferencia de grasa y cambio de imagen (mommy makeover) yo recomiendo que se haga la transferencia primero. La razon es que se puede succionar toda la grasa del abdomen y transferirla para los gluteos. Despues al momento de hacer el tummy tuck la piel del abdomen esta mas fina y se puede tener un mejor resultado. Los senos pueden ser hechos con cualquiera de los dos procedimientos.  

Suerte en su cirugia!

Atentamente,

Anire Okpaku MD

Mommy Makeover and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

In most cases, I would suggest separating the procedures.  Have the Mommy Makeover first and then 6 or 12 weeks later, have the BBL.  However, you would need to be seen in person to give specific recommendations.  Or, at least post a picture that the people can give you a more informed answer.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Same day Mommy Make over and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

I don't recommend combining a mommy make over with a brazilian butt lift -- unless the surgery is a mini-tummy tuck and a 'lollipop' lift. Here's why.

A Mommy Make-Over is usually a tummy tuck and a breast lift, enlargement or both.

A Brazilian butt lift is liposuction with the fat injected into your buttocks.

Combining them means that after extensive surgery on your front, you have liposuction on your back, sides and/or legs and turned on your stomach for the buttock injections.Lying face down increases the risk of infection and poor healing on the front.

Then after buttock fat injections, you lie on your back again, putting pressure on the fat, increasing the risk that they won't survive.

After surgery, you have no comfortable position, front or back or side.
For a good result, don't combine these four operations!

Mommy makeover and Brazilian butt lift at the same time?

+1

Abdominoplasty and breast enhancement usually make up what has been popularly called the mommy makeover.  If liposuction is also used then the aspirated fat can be injected in the butt  for (Brazilian) contour enhancement.  If your surgeon is skilled and can, without rushing, complete these procedures in less than 4 hours an outpatient procedure may be reasonable.  For surgery that takes more than about 4 hours an overnight stay in a monitored facility is probably indicated.

BBL as part of Mommy Makeover

+1

Mommy Makeover is a term for combination procedures involving body contouring and breast enhancement. Depending on your health and the other procedures in the combination, a Brazilian Butt Lift can be part of the Mommy Makeover.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.