Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift for $9,000 - Possible?

I live in rural TN, I have saved $9,000 for tummy tuck and breast lift and it seems the only place I can get this is overseas, which I have done research on board certified Drs. however I would prefer to have it done within a 3 hour drive or in the Chicago area which is where my family lives. Is this unreasonable? Why can't I find a good board certified surgeon to perform surgery at this price?

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lifting Fees?

+1

You will find that the cost of surgery will vary  significantly even in the same town. Although important, ultimately the cost of surgery should be  of less concern than the quality and safety of the procedure performed. In other words, do your due diligence carefully.

Check with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and/or  and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for appropriate training and credentials.  Then, make sure you see lots of examples of the surgeons work in pictures ( better yet meet with patients who have had similar procedures).

If the surgeons you choose are out of your “price range”,  wait on having the surgery until you can afford them.  Elective plastic surgery is not an “item” you should bargain shop for. You will find that revisionary surgery can be more much more expensive.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastlift.htm

Sullivan Centre fees Columbus, Ohio

+1

The fees for a breast lift and a full abdominoplasty will vary based on a number of factors including your geographical location.  The total fee for a breast lift and tummy tuck at The Sullivan Centre in Columbus, Ohio is about $11,500.  I would suggest finding a reputable board certified plastic surgeon and scheduling a consultation. Upon consultation you should have an idea of fees. You can also ask about financing options. Please think long and hard before leaving the country for plastic surgery. Post operative complications can arise and it would not be wise to have a surgeon who is in another country. Best of luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.