Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift for $9,000 - Possible?

I live in rural TN, I have saved $9,000 for tummy tuck and breast lift and it seems the only place I can get this is overseas, which I have done research on board certified Drs. however I would prefer to have it done within a 3 hour drive or in the Chicago area which is where my family lives. Is this unreasonable? Why can't I find a good board certified surgeon to perform surgery at this price?

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift for $9,000 - Possible

+1
South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles. We charge starting at $4000 + MD Anesthesia related costs for a breast lift with saline breast implants. A tummy tuck would add approximately another $4000 including additional Anesthesia related costs (if the surgeries can be performed together). Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Consult with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options, and choose the surgeon and surgical plan that best meets your needs and objectives.

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lifting Fees?

+1

You will find that the cost of surgery will vary  significantly even in the same town. Although important, ultimately the cost of surgery should be  of less concern than the quality and safety of the procedure performed. In other words, do your due diligence carefully.

Check with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and/or  and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for appropriate training and credentials.  Then, make sure you see lots of examples of the surgeons work in pictures ( better yet meet with patients who have had similar procedures).

If the surgeons you choose are out of your “price range”,  wait on having the surgery until you can afford them.  Elective plastic surgery is not an “item” you should bargain shop for. You will find that revisionary surgery can be more much more expensive.

Sullivan Centre fees Columbus, Ohio

+1

The fees for a breast lift and a full abdominoplasty will vary based on a number of factors including your geographical location.  The total fee for a breast lift and tummy tuck at The Sullivan Centre in Columbus, Ohio is about $11,500.  I would suggest finding a reputable board certified plastic surgeon and scheduling a consultation. Upon consultation you should have an idea of fees. You can also ask about financing options. Please think long and hard before leaving the country for plastic surgery. Post operative complications can arise and it would not be wise to have a surgeon who is in another country. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon