Tummy Tuck with Brazilian Buttlift or No Tummy Tuck?

I had a consultation witha doc that said I should get a tummy tuck on top of my Brazilian Buttlift, I told him I didnt want a tummy tuck because I 'm not done having kids. So, my question is since the quote only said he would take fat from my back and flanks for BBL will my abdomen look odd compared to the rest of my body?? I definitely would like to achieve the hourglass figure through the BBL alone. Also I am losing weight I'm down 15lbs with 40lbs more to lose.

Brazilian buttlift

+1
If you are not done having children, I would not recommend a tummy tuck yet. From your photos, you would benefit from liposuction of the tummy, although the result may not leave you with as flat a tummy as the tummy tuck would. As far as the Brazilian Buttlift is concerned, I would recommend against it. It is unknown whether the fat injected into the buttocks will last but also there have been some serious complications from the procedure. Specifically, there have been several reports of the fat becoming infected and forming an abcess which would have to be drained. This could leave you with a really nasty result which would be very difficult to repair.

Don't have a tummy tuck until you are done having children

+1

You should hold off on your tummy tuck until you have all your children. Then, you can consider having a tummy tuck with or without the fat transfer to the buttock. If you have the fat transfe to the buttock now without the tummy tuck, your abdomen may have some loose skin, but will not look out of proportion to your body.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian Butt lift

+1

If you are planning to have more children then it makes sense to wait on the tummy tuck till you are finished.

As for the liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift. You will need liposuction of your entire back, and the flanks to achieve some shape to your body. Do not set  HIGH EXPECTATION TO AN HOUR GLASS SHAPE.

You may achieve an hour glass on the second surgery with tummy tuck and liposuction.

Tummy tuck or not with butt lift

+1

If you are not through with pregnancies then it does make sense to delay your tummy tuck. You do have very significant laxity in the abdomen and liposuction with fat transfer to lift the butt, the Brazilian butt lift, is not likely to give you an hourglass figure. You have an actual skin fold or pannus on your tummy to contend with, and the tummy tuck would be the smart thing, though after children.

peterejohnsonmd

Brazilian butt lift and loose skin

+1

I think that you would do best with liposuction and fat injection, the Brazilian butt lift. Skin will contract with liposuction, the question is how much contraction will take place. Tummy tucks function is to make the abdomen flat. Liposuction and fat injection makes the curve. And the curve is where it's at.

Doing the Brazilian butt lift 1st will allow the skin the contract and may leave you with less excess skin that may respond to a C-section length scar.

I believe the liposuction and fat injection will make the most change in your appearance and will give you the S-curve you desire.

Wendell Perry, MD

Timing Of Tummy Tuck

+1

I agree with you that it makes little sense to undergo a tummy tuck at the time of your Brazilian butt lift since you are planning future pregnancies.  Although a tummy tuck would assist you in obtaining the look you want, it can always be performed at a later time.  If you were to undergo the tummy tuck now and subsequently become pregnant, you will very likely undo the benefits of the tummy tuck and want further surgery in the future.  If you are able to achieve an additional 40 pounds of weight loss, you will have even more excess abdominal skin, but again that can be dealt with after your child-bearing has been completed.

John Whitt, MD