What should I have done first, tummy tuck or Brazilian Butt Lift? (photos)

Hi, I'm a 23yr old aa female. I had 2 kids via c-section ages 8 and 3. I've lost 10lbs since these photos were taken. Weight in photos 236 weight now 226. I'm around 5'8 and my goal weight is 190/200lbs, which I going great. So my question is once I'm at my goal weight should I have a Tummy Tuck or Brazilian butt lift first? I would love to have both at the same time but it's not in my budget. Chicago land area.

Tummy tuck and BBL work well together

+2
First lose your weight and reach your goal. Then you might find that the tummy tuck and BBL will work well together as the fat is easily shifted from the flank and hip. Cost issues? Tummy tuck is great first step after weight loss you will enjoy.

Bbl or tt first?

+2
I would perform them at one time. The reason being, to get you the best results during your tummy tuck, liposuction must be done. If you want a bbl as well, the fat harvested during the liposuction needs to be used to augment your buttocks. 

Good Luck

David Shifrin, MD

What should I have done first, tummy tuck or Brazilian Butt Lift?

+2
The liposuction and BBL performed first will ultimately give you the best result when the tummy tuck is performed later.  The abdominal flap will be thinner when the tummy tuck is performed. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlift procedures and tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Optimal Timing for Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Hello 'PrincessRaye21', thanks for your question.  If you are interested in a tummy tuck/ abdominoplasty procedure as well as gluteal augmentation with fat grafting, ie. Brazilian Butt Lift, then the optimal order of surgeries would be to perform the BBL first, followed by the TT.  The reason for this is that it would be beneficial to have as much fat available for your buttock fat grafting augmentation.  The abdominal flap that it normally discarded with a TT can be suctioned not only to provide more fat for grafting, but to provide a nicer contour for your TT procedure later on.  The 2 procedures could certainly be combined so you have only one recovery phase, as well as provide a cost savings in terms of surgery center and anesthesia time.  However, it is discouraged to liposuction the abdominal flap at the same time as a TT as it may lead to necrosis of the abdominal skin.  The fat will need to come from other areas of liposuction, such as flanks, back, thighs, etc.  Please note that liposuction is not a modality for weight loss and it would be best for you to lose weight by exercise/ diet first for better postop aesthetic results, as well as help decrease your chances of complications.  Good luck!

-Dr.92660

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

BBL or TT?

+1
Losing weight first is the right call. We like patients to be within 10% of their ideal body weight before the tummy tuck. Typically, the tummy tuck has a profound impact on your ability to wear certain clothes with confidence. I agree with the others that performing both surgeries would be more beneficial, if you can swing it. Good Luck.

Michael Burgdorf, MD

Tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

I suggest a tummy tuck with abdominal muscles repair in order to correct the protruded abdomen. This in combination with liposuction of the waist, upper and lower back and fat grafting in to buttocks.

I recommend for you to loose weight until your goal weight reaches 180 pounds in order to optimize results.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Which operation should be performed first the BBl or the TT?

+1
When the patients' abdominal fat is needed to provide adequate donor fat for a BBL then the BBL must be performed before the TT. If the TT were first, the abdominal fat would be discarded and unavailable for the BBL. You appear to have enough donor fat for a successful BBL only if your abdominal fat is included. Therefore, your BBL must precede your TT.

David A. Ross, MD

BBL or TT first ?

+1
Dear PrincessRaye21,
congratulation on your initial weight loss.
you will be best to undergo the liposuction of your entire mid-section with fat transfer to the buttocks now as it is easier since the fat cells are swollen.
we will put you on a diet from day 1 after, and can make you lose another 20 LBS later.
I would not offer you a tummy tuck unless you are sure to be finished with your children and/ or if you had a tubal ligation. 
this is a surgery to make you look nice and give you a waist, and any other pregnancies in the future would stretch your belly again.
good luck,
Florence Mussat
312-751-9000

Florence Mussat, MD

Which one first: Tummy Tuck or Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Great work with the weight loss.  In terms of the sequence of surgery, if you are unable to undergo the procedures at the same time, then I would recommend undergoing the Brazilian Butt Lift first.  By doing this, you will be able to undergo liposuction of your abdomen/waist/back/etc and use that fatty tissue for the buttocks.  This may leave you with loose skin of your abdomen - but this can be tightened with the future tummy tuck.  If you do the tummy tuck first, you will lose a lot of the fatty tissue that could have been used for your buttocks.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area experienced in these types of procedures. 

Joseph D. Alkon, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon