Brazilian Butt Lift and Tummy Tuck Advice

I am looking to get a Brazilian Butt Lift and a Tummy Tuck. Is it better to lose as much weight or fat for my tummy tuck, than to not lose weight and save up the fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift? Please give me some advice.

Save your fat for buttock agumentation before you get a tummy tuck

+3

if you are considering a buttock augmentation and tummy tuck, you can not have both procedures done at the same time. considering that you can not rest on your buttock for a week after a buttock augmentation, therefore you will not be able to have a tumm tuck at the same time. So, which procedure should you do first? I recommend having large volume lipousction to harvest all your excess fat and to use it effectively for enlaring and shaping your buttocks with fat grafting. Afterwards, you can undergo a tummy tuck at a later time in order to tighten your abdomen and to remove any loose skin that you might have developed with liposuciton.

Brazilian Butt Lifts and Tummy Tucks

+2

Thanks for the question -

You're balancing two issues. Abdominoplasty (tummy tucks) get the best results when people are as close to ideal body weight as possible. Brazilian butt lift candidates are also within their ideal body weight but not too thin.

In our San Francisco area practice we typically use 300-600 cc of fat per buttock cheek. Most people with a BMI of 24 - 26 have plenty of fat available from their abdomen, thighs and flanks.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with this technique.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Stable Weight best for Fat Transfer to Buttocks (BBL)

+1
The quick answer is to remain at your stable weight. Otherwise if you lose weight afterwards your transferred fat will shrink. See the below link for more information.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Brazilian Mommy Makeover?!

+1

Combining both procedures at the same time is rough but can be done. Most women after having children are very unhappy with the appearance of their body. Having children is wonderful but the damage that is done to a women's body is not.

I prefer to not perform surgery on patients with a BMI over 30. This can lead to complications as well as unflattering results. I would recommend for you to maintain a healthy weight prior to surgery in order to have the best result. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to make sure you are a candidate to have both procedures done at the same time.

Jaime Perez, MD

Weight loss prior to tummy tuck and buttock lift

+1

You want to be close to your ideal weight for the best results with a tummy tuck, however, you don't want to lose too much weight and not have enough donor fat for the buttock augmentation.  This is a question that is difficult to answer with examining you in person. I would recommned consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon before you begin to lose too much weight. This way, you and your surgeon can formulate a goal weight for you that will give you the best results both regarding the abdominal procedure and the buttock augmentation.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Combining tummy tuck and butt lift

+1

For the best results and lasting enlargement of the buttocks the patient ought be to at a stable weight prior to surgery.  Loosing significant weight after surgery can diminish the projection of your buttocks. In my practice I obtain a thorough history of patient's weigh gain and losses, asses the pertinent anatomy.  Only then can I recommend if the patient ought to loose any weight pre-operatively.  Make sure that you choose a surgeon with lots of experience, good judgment and excellent technique to asses your individual anatomy, in this fashion an optimum plan of action can be designed and properly executed.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt lift and tummy tuck

+1

I think it is most important to be at a weight the you are comfortable at before surgery. Too heavy or too thin is never a good idea.  The two are commonly done together.

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Enhancement

+1

You can do the tummy tuck and use the skin and fat removed from the tummy as a Dermis fat graft to enhance the buttock. Also described by the Brazilians.

You can also do the Fat transfer, Brazilian Butt Lift, along with the tummy tuck at the same time.