Can You Get a Tummy Tuck with a BMI of 80.08?

i would like to know can you get a tummy tuck with BMI at 80.08

Tummy tuck?

+3

No. A BMI of 80 is too high. You need to lose weight. I would suggest looking into Bariatric surgery.

Weight and Tummy Tuck

+3

It is too risky to do surgery on a patient that is overweight.  Why don't you try a good weight reduction program, like weight watchers, then schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your expectations and concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Can You Get a Tummy Tuck with a BMI of 80.08

+3

The wound complication rate increases enormously at BMI's over 30. A major wound complication in a patient with a BMI of 80 would result in months in the hospital and possibly a fatality.

I wouldn't risk it. Best wishes. 

You need weight loss, not a tummy tuck

+2

A BMI of 80 is way too high to consider elective cosmetic surgery. You should see a bariatric surgeon and consider a procedure like gastric banding.

Matthew Schulman, MD

BMI of 80 and tummy tuck

+2

BMI of 40 is probably too high for a tummy tuck, so 80 would not be appropriate.  The risk of wound healing complications and possible medical conditions associated with this BMI is too high to proceed.

BMI of 80 is too high for safe and effective tummy tuck.

+2

A BMI of 80 puts you at substantial risk for problems during and after surgery.  In addition,  you would not see much improvement in your contour and likely would be disappointed in the results.  Your smartest next move would be to see a bariatric surgeon and the team to help you on your way to a more normal weight.  Once the weight is off, you may reconsider body contouring.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Tummy Tuck with a BMI of 80.08?

+2

Thank you for the question. This would not be a safe procedure. At this BMI your risks far out weight any possible benefits. Your first step should be a consultation with a bariatric surgeon for possible weight loss surgery or start of a weight loss program. I wish you luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

BMI of 80 - tummy tuck?

+2

Tummy tuck at that size is risky and is unlikely to give you a significant improvement in your appearance.  I highly recommned weight loss surgery first and then body contouring after.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Bariatric Surgery

+2
The healing problems associated with a panniculectomy would be significant with a bmi of 80.  A tummy tuck would not be effective.  Bariatric surgery is the appropriate procedure to reduce your bmi.  18 months after the procedure, body contouring after weight loss may be indicated.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

BMI

+1

No that is a very high BMI. I would recommend you lose some more weight or continue to lose some more weight prior to surgery

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS