Should I Have Another Tummy Tuck?

I had a Tummy Tuck in December 2008. Just recently, I believe I felt my stomach feeling really tight, and now my stomach is big again; not as big, but not flat. The incision in the middle makes it look like I have a butt in the front. Should I have another surgery? I do work out too, not consistently, but in spurts.

Repeat tummy tuck

+1

Before you contemplate more surgery, you need to be consistent with your diet and exercise, and try to get to a weight you will be able to maintain. Tummy tucks and liposuction are not the solutions to overeating and bad dietary habits. if you are at a point where all of those things have been taken care of, then a second procedure might be needed. It might be  a lesser tummy tuck, or a tummy tuck after liposuction. The incision in the middle may not be able to be completely removed, but most likely it can be improved so there is no indentation and it appears smoother.

Revision may help post tummy tuck deformities

+1

Your surgeon should be able to advise you if a revision is indicated. As long as your weight has been stable and post operative swelling has subsided, it may be helpful to consider lipoplasty and revisional skin excision +/- breaking a linear scar.

Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Maybe you should have another Tummy Tuck

+1

You would probably be best served by seeing the surgeon who did your first operation to ask what might be done.

Is your weight stable? Did the result always look like it does or did it get worse? The best results from body contouring surgery are in people who keep their weight in a tight range. When weight goes up and down the results tend to change with time.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.