Good Candidate For Tummy Tuck ?? Would It Make a Big Difference ? (photo)

I am wanting to have a tummy tuck as well as something to help get rid of the muffin top i have ( The hips , Flanks Ect ) Would lipo and a tummy tuck help this and i was offered a Mini Tummy tuck ? Would this be better for me or a full tummy tuck

In abdominoplasty is the only practical solution to this aesthetic problem.

+1

If your health is good you an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty. As a matter-of-fact there's nothing else that can be offered the flatten the abdomen.

Good Candidate For Tummy Tuck ?? Would It Make a Big Difference ?

+1

Dear Skye,

Thank you for your post.  Certainly a mini tt would not give you the best results.  A full tummy tuck and possibly full bodylift (I cannot see you backside) would help.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Good Candidate For Tummy Tuck? Would It Make a Big Difference?

+1

A tummy tuck with liposuction will produce the best results.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement

+1

If you are not planning on future pregnancies I would recommend Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement.  This is a new technique that helps reduce weight and maintain the reduced weight by producing early satiety and increase energy expenditure.  This technique augments the strength of the abdominal wall, creates an hourglass figure and is more stable long term. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Full or Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Hello there 

If you really want to get the best result I would suggest getting your weight down to your minimum , and then combining a full tummy tuck with liposuction. 

Not only will that get you the best result , but it will reduce your risks of complications. 

Cheers 

Terrence Scamp

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

+1

The best result would be a full TT + lipo flanks but there is a longer recovery time plus additional expenses. A mini TT "might" dove some issues with less $'s and shorter recovery. Seek MORE IN PERSON consults. 

Good Candidate for Full Tummy Tuck

+1

You are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck with flank liposuction. A mini-tummy tuck would be an operation that is far less than your abdominal problem...leading to a less than happy result for you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

A mini-TT would be a poor idea, and I would go elsewhere for surgery. Few patients who inquire are good candidates for a mini. Their problem must be limited to the lower abdomen, and that is quite uncommonly the case. 

A full TT and liposuction to the flanks should provide a good improvement to your appearance!. Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Tummy Tuck Options?

+1

It is unlikely that you would achieve a satisfactory cosmetic result with a mini tummy tuck The more optimal procedure would be with a full tummy tuck and liposuction of the hips and flanks.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.  

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Full or mini tummy tuck.

+1

Hi there,

A mini tummy tuck won't do it!  It's a full tummy tuck for you plus some flank lipo if you'd like to be as slim as you can be.

howard Webster

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon