Can I Get a Tummy Tuck if I Have Benign Fasiculation Syndrome?

I have had chronic muscle twitching and fasiculations all over my body for about two years now. I have gotten used to them. I have seen a neurologist and had a full work up done. I was diagnosed with Benign Fasiculation syndrome. Would it be safe to get a tummy tuck even though I have this? I have had 6 children and I really want to fix myself up.

Tummy tuck wih Bengn Fasciculation Syndrome.

+1

You should be fine to proceed to a tummy tuck with BFS but please verify with your oncologist.

Tummy Tuck and Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (BFS)

+1
Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (BFS) is a diagnosis of exclusion which will not impact the outcome of your Tummy Tuck. Your surgeon would probably ask for your Neurologist to clear you for surgery but other than that there should be no other special requirements for you to go through. Dr. Aldea

Ask the neurologist.

+1

Your plastic surgeon will probably have you get a medical clearance letter from your internist or neurologist - if they say it is safe then I am sure you can have it done.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD