How Much Will a Tummy Tuck Benefit Me? (photo)

I have extensive stretchmarks and am considering a tummy tuck in the near future. What can I expect after the procedure as far as reduction of my stretch marks? I also have a lot of extra skin and want my stomach tighter. Is this a good procedure for me to get the results I want? I also want to lose about 25 lbs before the procedure and have been working out but cant seem to get it to improve any more.

Tummy Tuck Improves Stretch Marks, Shape of Abdomen

Hi there-

You look like a great candidate for a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). The details of the procedure vary from patient to patient, and from surgeon to surgeon to some degree, and so I wouldn't want to speak for the surgeon you choose...

On the other hand, I think that as long as you find a skilled and talented surgeon, you should expect to have a flat tummy with elimination of at least all of the stretch marks below your belly button.

Choosing the best surgeon you can find is the key- this is not a time in your life where being penny wise and pound foolish would be an acceptable error...

Visit a few excellent surgeons for consultations. 

Also- I really don't see that you have more weight to lose--- I think what remains is just the body changes resulting from being a mother- and that after your tummy tuck you won't feel you need to lose any more weight.