Tummy Tuck or Belly Button Surgery?

I have stretch marks and loose skin around my belly button. Do I need a tummy tuck or belly button surgery?

Tummy Tuck, Belly Button Surgery

+2

Dear Self houston,

I would be hesitant in recommending anything until I could examine you. On the frontal view you APPEAR to have had surgery on your belly button; there appears to be a scar around and a scar at its 6 o'clock position. Also, you appear to have a vertical scar along your right side (junction between the upper and lower quadrants). I would like to know more about your medical surgical / history?

Before recommending a tummy tuck - you would need to complete your family. There is no sense in going through this operation and then undoing it with a subsequent pregnancy.

Another factor to consider is skin laxity. To me, it does not appear as though you have a major laxity of skin. Although a tummy tuck in you would repair the muscles, and could re-create a nice, "inny" belly button is is also likely to leave you with a short vertical scar of where your belly button USED to come out before the skin was pulled out. With low hip underwear like the kind you are wearing, with hip hugging jeans and with less skin laxity (IE no real pooch), we place our transverse scars lower and cannot always remove the skin which USED to be around the belly button. The result is a short vertical scar.

I hope this answered your question.

Belly button revision in Los Angeles

+1
Our office specializes in belly button repairs. One option is laser tightening. A surgical option is a concentric umbilicoplasty to correct the redundant skin. 
Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/body/61/abdominoplasty-and-belly-button-scar-revision.aspx

Loose skin around belly button: Options (SEE VIDEO BELOW)

+1

At the risk of sounding overly critical, it looks as if your belly button is very wide which is an indication that your muscles are separated and/or you may have an umbilical hernia. This is combination with your description of loose skin and stretch marks makes you a decent candidate for a tummy tuck. However, it is difficult to tell from the picture if you would do well with a midi/marriage or full abdominoplasty. Meet with 2 or 3 surgeons to determine the best option for you.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Tummy tuck vs umbilical surgery

+1

I have never seen a good result from excising skin only from around the umbilicus.  They tend to spread and distort the umbilicus.  If loose skin bothers you the only thing that would probably accomplish your goal is a tummy tuck. But of course an exam is in order.

Tummy tuck versus bellybutton surgery

+1

Tummy tucks are a very popular and effective way to contour the abdomen. A bellybutton surgery can change the shape of the bellybutton but does little to the extra skin around the bellybutton itself. A mini tummy tuck can read/write the skin of your abdomen and the area around your belly button. This is often the best option for patients who have some extra skin, especially in the upper abdomen but do not require a full tummy tuck. Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in abdominoplasty, liposuction, umbilicoplasty, and body contouring techniques.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/abdominoplasty_photos.htm

Tummy tuck vs belly button surgery

+1

There is virtually nothing you can achieve with an umbilicoplasty.  It would be nice to remove loose skin around the umbi by purse stringing the skin inward but this doesn't work.  Basically, you need a tummy tuck to improve the belly button area. 

Web reference: http://www

Candidate for belly button surgery

+1

We can of course only make general comments without examining you. Belly button surgery (umbilicoplasty) is not commonly done, and any improvement would be limited to the belly button itself; it doesn't work to try and tighten skin around it. A full tummy tuck would include improving the belly button, as well as removing stretch marks, but you would need to be seen in order to determine if that is a good option.

You probably need a tummy tuck

+1

From your frontal view, you seem to be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck. You're thin, with very little excess fat. As you mentioned, though, you have loose skin, stretch marks, and an abnormally-shaped belly button. In addition, there's a visible gap between your midline abdominal wall muscles, which probably causes a bulge which is visible on your lateral view.

An abdominoplasty incision would be designed low, within the bikini line - you would also have an incision around the belly button. The midline abdominal wall muscles would undergo a plication (tightening) and all of the loose skin would be removed. The belly button would also be reshaped.

As I stated earlier, you're a very good candidate for a tummy tuck. You would benefit from consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck.