Best Laser for Reducing Belly Button Scar After Tummy Tuck?

I had a Tummy Tuck , and the doctor made a triangular incision all the way around the navel area. The remaining triangular-shaped scar almost resembles quilting lines. What is the best laser treatment to reduce this?

Agree with probable Tummy Tuck revision

+1

The problem you describe may be made worse with laser treatment as the blood supply has been altered during the tummy tuck. I would hesitate to use a laser. Maybe see your surgeon about options to improve things.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Consider scar revision

+1

The belly button has a different blood supply from the rest of the abdomen.

Therefore, it commonly heals differently from the other wounds.

Although there are many lasers which could enhance the appearance, the lase of choice depends on the problem; is it raised, red, brown. wide, irregular, etc.

More often than not the scar is better treated with a scar revision.

Speak with your surgeon about this.