Outie Belly Button After Tummy Tuck

I had a tummy tuck almost 4 weeks ago. My belly button was an innie before surgery, but is now an outie. Will it go back in after the swelling goes down?

Belly button after tummy tuck

+2

If you had an "innie" prior to surgery, you will have "innie" after tummy tuck as well.  Normally people have an "outie" due to belly button hernia. It will go back in with time.

Outie Belly Button After Tummy Tuck

+1
Most likely the belly button will again be an innie if that is what is was before the surgery.  There are some circumstances where there is a bit too much skin preserved for the "stalk" and the extra volume can stick out a bit like an outie.  Allow the swelling to go down over many months before deciding on the final result.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS