Delayed Belly Button Healing After Tummy Tuck?

My belly button isn't healing after Tummy Tuck in my opinion. It's still quite pink and a bit weepy, but doesn't seem to be infected. My long scar seems fine, no pinkness, or weeping. Is this normal?

Delayed belly button healing after Tummy Tuck

+3

I agree with the previous post. Your description does not bring us any alarming signs.

One thing I would watch for though is the drainage. The diastasis was bolstered with the use of an only pig dermis only. Many of these products are associated with prolonged fluid formation and drainage until the body incorporates them. In your case, the "weeping" may actually be such fluid making its way out the path of least resistance.

You may want to ask your surgeon if this is the case.

Good Luck.

Sounds normal

+2

If it isn't infected and isn't black it may just be healing a bit slower than usual.  Just give it some time and all will be fine.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS