Tummy Tuck for Former Asthmatic Steroids Taker?

I'm 25, 215 lbs at 5ft 6in. I was originally 283 lbs and have lost weight over a year and a half ago. The lowest I've been was 207 lbs with diet pills.

I have no kids but do plan on having some in the future. When I was a child I had severe asthma and was on steroids which resulted in me having a huge stomach.

I'm embarrassed and would be comfy with being voluptuous if I didn't have this stomach. Please someone give me advice on what I should do? I can't take this anymore!

Abdominal Contouring options

+4

It is consultation time for you.  The surgeon will assess your suitability for surgery.  Given your appearance and willingness to be on the larger side, consider a panniculectomy, which can be converted to a full tummy tuck after you are done with child rearing.  Just an option.

A tummy tuck can remove extra skin from the belly and tighten the muscles

+4

Hello - It appears as though you're an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. You would need clearance from your medical doctor to have surgery because of your asthma history. However, if you're better now and not currently taking steroids, you can certainly entertain the possiblity of getting a tummy tuck. It would remove the skin below the belly button and tighten your abdominal muscles. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.DrSchreiberPlasticSurgery.com

Tummy tuck for obesity and massive weight loss

+4

It is not healthy to be at your weight. You will be more prone to heart disease and diabetes. You will get your best result by losing weight first before having a tummy tuck.

Your risk given your steroid dependence and asthma also make your surgery more risky for pneumonia, wound healing problems, tragedy, etc.

These all point to one thing: lose weight first.

Abdominoplasty for former steroid taker.

+4

Although you demonstrate a hanging abdominal apron the diffiuse nature of your fatty deposits make the impact of a tummy tuck somewhat minimal. It is not likely that a tummy tuck alone will make you "voluptious" and I would suggest that you modify your goals or expectations. If you are physically uncomfortable with the loose skin or experience sklin breakdown or infections in the skin crease, then you may see some benefits from surgery.

Tummy Tuck if still overweight with asthma?

+3

Hi there-

I agree with my colleagues that the risk to benefit ratio of a tummy tuck for you would be significantly improved if you were at a healthier weight before surgery.

The goal of elective aesthetic surgery is to maximize the appearance, with minimization of risks... In order to do this in your case we need to first accomplish a healthier weight.

I would recommend committing yourself to this fully first, then pursuing surgical improvement.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Tummy Tuck in a 215 pound 5foot 6 inch former asthmatic

+3

You should NOT have a Tummy Tuck at this time for several reasons
1. Safety - your complication rate is much higher because of your obesity

2. Obesity - 215 pound 5foot 6 inch - your BMI is 34.7 (30 and higher is "Obese").Even if you heal properly, your result would not be as good as if you were at a BMI under 27 and would be disappointing.

3. Family - a Tummy Tuck is best done AFTER you are done having children. Having it before will only result is abdominal distention and loosing the flat tummy achieved with the operation.

The BEST thing to do is lose the extra weight. You will feel better and be healthier.

Dr. P. Aldea

Need more information

+3

Given your history of steroids, I would be concerned about the integrity of your abdominal wall. Steroids have many effects and certainly weakness of the abdominal fascia, the strength layer of the abdominal wall, is seen in patients who have been on long term steroids. Hernias are also possible and need to be examined for.

Munster Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck surgery

+3

Hi,

You could undergo a tummy tuck at this stage, but in general I would recommend that you bring your weight down a bit, which will improve your results. However, I have performed surgery on other patients with similar abdomens, and they have been very happy with their results. It really requires that you be realistic with your expectations in terms of what type of result can be achieved. In addition, you may want to hold off on surgery until after you have children. You can do the surgery prior to having kids, but because your body with undergo changes during pregnancy, waiting is usually recommended.

Good luck.

Tummy Tuck okay if you're no longer taking steroids

+2

You stated you are no longer taking steriods, if that is correct then go, NO RUN, and get 3 opinions fom boarded plastic surgeons. Also the photos were very helpful. Regards.

Candidate for a tummy tuck

+1

If you were to come to me, I would not do a tummy tuck at your weight. The surgical result won't be as good and the surgery is more risky when you are overweight. I would suggest you meet with a dietician to review what you eat, as there is no physical way you need to carry that extra fat. Once you lose about another 40 pounds, you could have a very nice tummy tuck and would really like your body. Don't delude yourself into thinking that overweight is voluptuous.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com