No Tightening Results From Tummy Tuck

I had a tummy tuck with lipo suction of the flanks on April 7th 2011 its just a little over 4 weeeks and am in no pain and my body feels the same way before surgery I still have to pull my mucsles in to get my tummy to look flatter,in the morning wheni wake my tummy is flatter after breakfast it pops right up. isn't your tummy supposed to feel tight if your mucsles is tighten? the only thing that bothers me is getting up 1st thing in the morning its kinda of painful thats it, I had a full TT.

Postoperative tummy tuck results, still loose

+2
It is the surgeon's responsibility to perform the best surgery their patient consents to. For most plastic surgeons that would generally include tightening of the fascia. It is the patient's responsibility to maintain their physical conditioning and dietary restraint. Good physical conditioning will have two direct results. First, fat inside the abdomen will be minimized. No surgery will overcome intraabdominal fat. Second, the patient must strengthen their abdominal wall, vigorously and regularly. Patients will get their best result only if all of the above tenets are fulfilled.

Tightening after tummy tuck

+1

It is too early for you to be able to tell how much of what you are experiencing is due to swelling.  Usually, the muscles are tightened during tummy tuck and it may take some time to get used to the way it feels.

Malik Kutty, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1
The full tummy tuck procedure you describer involves skin excision, muscle tightening and in your case liposuction. You she see some results immediately but the liposcuction can contribute to some additional swelling that make hide some of the results for a few weeks.

David L. Abramson, MD

Results from Tummy Tuck

+1

During tummy tuck surgery, the extra skin is removed and the underlying muscles are tightened.  You should see a result right away, but it may be masked by swelling.  However, this should also resolve over a few weeks.  If you are concerned about your results, you should address this with your surgeon.  If you have before and after pictures to post, we may be able to give you more specific advice.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

No tightening

+1

dificult to answer without pictures.  i wonder how much pain you had immediately post op.  muscle repairing procedures are quite painful. sometimes things can loosen though it usually takes more than 4 weeks

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1

haveing before and after photos would be very helpful to determine your progress after you surgery

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon