I had a tummy tuck Apr 2012, in Nov 2012 my muscle repair tore. Will an MRI show if my and why my muscle repair keeps tearing?

My stomach is always swollen and in discomfort. My muscles tore again on Oct 5 and Oct21, 2013. Each time I was laying down. My plastic surgeon does not have any answers for me except she finally sees that something has changed in my stomach. She told me to stop working out to see if that helped with the pain. I haven't worked out since July, I still have discomfort and tearing. I have had an ultrasound to rule out tumor and hernia. I can't take the pain any more. Please help!

An MRI is an expensive way to evaluate the status of your muscle repair

+1

If your abdominal skin is relatively thin, a physical examination alone could help to determine whether you have a possible recurrent diastasis (separation of your rectus muscles). If you still have a relative thick layer of subcutaneous fat in the abdomen, You could certainly have your surgeon order an ultrasound determine the status of the muscle repair, or your could have imaging done by a CT scan. Regardless, both will most likely result in an out of pocket expense. Thank you for sharing your concern. Best wishes.