I had a tummy tuck and thigh lift. I had 2 drains put in on my sides, no drains on my thighs, is that ok?

Drains or Not?

+2
The placement of drains is a very individual thing with surgeons.  For example, I always place drains  after abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) while some surgeons use what are called "quilting  sutures" and do not use drains.  Many surgeons use drains after breast reduction but I do not.  Some surgeons use drains after face lift and some do not.  The bottom line is that each surgeon makes these kind of judgments based one their experience.  If your surgeon chose to use drains in one area and not another it is because his/her experience talls them that is the porolper procedure.

Charleston Plastic Surgeon