Tummy Tuck and Stitches

Was told by my PS that my stiches will disolve on its own and the strip placed on top of them will be removed in a week. They itch so much in each end. Are they healing? With the strip I rub the area and sometimes itch the area but only while Im waering my copression garment.

Itching around SteriStrip

+1

It sounds as though you are going through the normal healing stages.  

Itching is not unusual, but i recommend close followup with your plastic surgeon to ensure everything is healing properly.   Your skin could be very sensitive to the tape, at which point it may be beneficial to remove early.

Itching after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question. Some itching after surgery is quite common. However, your plastic surgeon should examine you  to rule out an allergic reaction.

Itching Stitches after Tummy Tuck

+1

Greetings,

Itching after the placement of tape strips over the tummy tuck incision is quite common.

On occasion, patients may be sensitive to the adhesive on the tape strips. Give your surgeon a call and have him (her) check the incision if the itching is getting worse...

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck closure

+1

Everything your PS told you sounds reasonable.  Your itching sensation is likely part of the healing process.   Please follow-up with your PS as scheduled.  I'm sure you'll love your results once you are healed!  Enjoy.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS