Stopped Smoking 1 Week Before TT, Is there Anything that Can Help Get Nicotine Out of System?

I am 1.75m and weighs 89kg My Tummy Tuck is scheduled for the 6th of December 2011. I was still smoking up untill Sunday past. Is there any fruit or food that can help get most of the necotine out of my body before 6 December 2011.

Smoking and tummy tuck

+1

It is unsafe to undergo TT if you have been smoking. It is recommended that you do not smoke for six weeks before and six weeks after surgery.

Getting the nicotine out of your system does not do anything to improve healing.  If you have been smoking up to one week prior to surgery, I invite you to consider postponing surgery until you have quit smoking the required amount of time. It's your body and your call though.

No smoking or Nicotine minimum 6 weeks before Tummy Tuck Surgery-no exceptions

+1

You must be Nicotine free for 6 weeks before Tummy Tuck. This means no patch no gum no cigarettes for 6 weeks before surgery.

The Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty along with facelift are the two operations that can have disastrous results in active smokers.

The Nicotine in your system causes spasms of the blood vessels which are necessary to supply blood to the abdominal skin during Tummy Tuck.

The presence of Nicotine in your blood can cause the abdominal skin to die resulting in the need for further surgery to remove dead skin and horrible abdominal scars.

Cancel your surgery, discuss with your doctor and be abstinent fro m Nicotine for the recommended period.

To be safe we do blood tests before surgery in smokers before doing a Tummy Tuck or Face;lift.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty/

+1

You Really don't want to rush this and have complications like dead skin or a dead belly button...the smartest thing would be to postpone the surgery as the other doctors have advised...but above all...be sure and be honest with your doctor...they NEED to know...

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Smoking Cessation and Tummy Tuck

+1

I would recommend that you postpone your surgery.  You and your physician will both suffer if you have a nicotine related complication such as dead skin and fat in the lower abdomen.  If this occurs, it may take months to heal and will never look like it would if you had no complications.  Be honest with yourself.  This is a cosmetic procedure, not an emergent surgery.  Do everything to stop smoking before you have this done and continue to avoid all nicotine for at least a month after surgery as well.  You should let your surgeon know now.

Smoking 1 Week Before Tummy Tuck

+1

There is no way to clear the toxic products from cigarettes out of your system any faster. I would suggest you tell your surgeon right away and ask if you should reschedule your surgery. You should be having this done under the best possible conditions.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

1 week before tummy tuck and smoking

+1

I personally would tell you to reschedule your surgery. I will not consider abdominoplasty on a patient that is still smoking. You would need at least 6 weeks off of nicotine products to consider surgery. There is no way that I am aware of to remove the effects of nicotine before that.

Web reference: http://www.drrickrosen.com/tummy-tuck-connecticut/

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Smoking effect on surgery

+1

It takes close to 4 weeks to clear all forms of nicotine from the blood stream.  There are no magical ways to have this happen faster than this time line.  The consequences of having any form of nicotine in the blood stream on the circulation to an abdominoplasty procedure are so severe  that I would discuss this carefully with your doctor.  As a physician I would always want my patients to tell me truthfully about this issue, because I have seen the ultimate loss of skin as a result of the constricting effect of nicotine on an abdominal flap.   I would rather reschedule the surgery for a later time rather than have you suffer the consequences of your smoking habit.  Please consider and discuss  this  concern to your Plastic Surgeon

Good luck.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://w.w.w riegercosmeticsurgery.com

Nicotine use Before Tummy Tuck?

+1

Unfortunately, there is no substance that I am aware of that will eliminate nicotine from your system. I would suggest that you inform your plastic surgeon that you have been smoking recently.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Stopped smoking one week before tummy tuck

+1

It appears that you are overweight and a smoker, and neither of these bodes well for you being a good candidate for a tummy tuck, and significantly raises the risks of you suffering serious healing complications.  I have my tummy tuck patients quit smoking 3 months before, though 6 weeks would be a minimum, and there if nothing you can take to get the nicotine out of your system any faster or lessen the effects of chronic smoking on your blood vessels.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/before-after-photos/Body-Contouring/Tummy-Tuck/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.