Do I Need a Tummy Tuck and Are my Muscles Damaged? (photo)

I'm 17 and had my daughter at 14 I've tried to get back to my pre pregnancy size and shape but had no look Have I got loose skin? Is there anyway just to loose weight and tone up it will I have to have a tummy tuck? If I did have a tummy tuck could I just have a mini one or would it have to be a full one? I dislike the idea of have a huge scar but hate the idea of having loose skin and being stuck with this body. I do want more kids but in at least 5 years time and want my body back before this.

Do I Need a Tummy Tuck and Are my Muscles Damaged?

+1

Best option full tummy tuck with muscle repair. This is a trade off of scar vs bulge of abdomen. Best to seek IN PERSON consults. 

A full tummy tuck with a limited sized incision may help you

+1

You do have a mild amount of loose skin mostly in the lower half of your abdomen.  If you do not wish to have the hip to hip sized scar a smaller medium to small length incision can help to eliminate about a third of your lower abdominal skin but more importantly undermine the skin well above your belly button.  With more extensive undermining the entire length of the loose abdominal muscles can be tightened to give a much more flatter appearance.   This may slightly pull the belly button down about one centimeter which is hardly noticeable but flatten the abdomen.  So this is essentially doing internally what a full tummy tuck does but removing less skin so the scar is shorter.   If you are looking to remove all of the stretch marks on  the lower abdomen then you will have to settle for a full tummy tuck.  I hope that helps.  Dr. Benjamin Chu

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

+1

A tummy tuck, which includes repair of your muscles, will produce a very nice result.  The skin will not recover with working out, and the minitummy tuck will not remove enough skin.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

+1

A tummy tuck will be the only way to restore the contour of the abdomen and to remove the excess skin. Few patients are candidates for a mini-TT--for this to work well the problem must be limited to the lower abdomen, and this is uncommon. It appears from the photos that both the muscle laxity  and the skin excess involve also the upper abdomen.

You do seem to understand that with another pregnancy, this may happen again, so if you were to do this now you would need to consider it a "temporary" fix.

Thanks for your question and for the attached photos. All the best.