I Had Tummy Tuck and Muscles Tightening Im 9 Days Post Op. I Feel my Stomach Hard to Touch is This Normal?

Hello

+1

9 days post-surgery is normal for you to feel tightening and hardness. It takes 6-9 months for you to feel completely normal. You need to follow up with your surgeon to make sure everything is healing properly.

Tummy Hard 9 Days Postop.

+1

9 days postoperative, is still very early after a tummy tuck.  It is not unusual for the tummy to be quite tight with some difficulty standing completely straight in this time period. It is possible ,however, to have fluid accumulations after surgery causing a firm and distended shape.  Your best bet would be close followup with your surgeon for further evaluation.  

Stephen Delia, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

Yes, it can be some what hard to touch and feel as there is a lot of healing going on. 

You should make sure that there is no abnormal fluid collection and there is no infection as such.  But this process of softening can take time. Make sure you are in constant communication with your plastic surgeon and have regular follow up.

I wish you an excellent result and recovery.

Shashidhar Kusuma, MD
Plantation Plastic Surgeon