Should I get a tummy tuck and lower back lipo together or should I do one at a time? (photo)

Hello, I'm 5 ft 3 in 165 lbs Three years ago I lost 50 lbs and gained back 15 lbs. At my largest I was 200 lbs. Now that I have lost the weight I have saggy skin and my muscles have been split from my kids. I went for a consultation in Michigan with a plastic surgeon name Michelle Hardway and she was great. I just want to know if I should lose another 10 lbs before I schedule surgery to have better results. And will a tummy tuck and back lipo suction give me a flat belly and a curvy back? Thanks

Should I get a tummy tuck and lower back lipo together or should I do one at a time?

+1
   This may be a reasonable plan, but an exam or pictures without clothing as well as medical history would be necessary to confirm.

Tummy tuck and flank and lower back lipoma or often done together

+1
Your surgeons plan seems reasonable.  Liposuction of the flanks and the sides of the lower back are often done at the same time as tummy tuck.   Next

You can almost always get a better result if you continue to lose weight before that procedure.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1

Both procedure can be done at the same time, i always include it in the procedure.  Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Tummy tuck with back liposuction

+1
Thank you for your tummy tuck and liposuction question.

• The two procedures can be combined, if your surgeon feels it is ok to extend your tummy tuck procedure.
  • Discuss this with your plastic surgeon.
  • The longer the surgery, the greater the risk - if you have health issues, the answer may be 'no', for your own safety. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Body contouring combination of procedures including abdominoplasty are often done together.

+1
This is not a simple yes or no question but most patients that are in good health can have suction of the waist, bra rolls, in abdominoplasty anyone surgical session. The ultimate decision will be made by your own surgeon.

Tummy tuck and Lipo

+1
Thank you for your picture. It's hard to tell exactly what you need with your picture fully clothed. If you saw Dr. Hardaway, who my know personally, and you're happy with her and I think you should follow her recommendations concerning your question. She's an excellent plastic surgeon and I highly recommend her.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS,FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Dr. Kayser

+1
Great questions!  I always tell patients that your best results are when you are at or near your ideal body weight so based on your description, I would recommend further wt loss.  I hope this helps and have a wonderful day! Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for the  question and congratulations on your weight loss. Although I cannot provide you with specific advice, some general thoughts may be helpful to you. Generally speaking, patients undergoing body contouring surgery do best by achieving as close to possible to their long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with surgery.  Based on your history of pregnancies and weight gain/loss, you are almost certainly a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery. In regards to the outcome of surgery in the "flanks” and lower back areas, much will depend on your physical examination and  personal goals. Some patients benefit from liposuction surgery only;  some patients who wish to improve the “muffin top” area as much as possible benefit from liposuction surgery as well as excision of “excess” skin.  This operation essentially becomes an extended  abdominoplasty or lower body lift. Make sure that you communicate your goals carefully with your plastic surgeon so that you and he/she will be able to determine the best course of action (operation) to help you achieve your goals. This is best done, in my opinion, in front of a full-length mirror.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.