How Long is the Procedure for a Tummy Tuck?

Surgical time for tummy tuck

+1

Depends on the type of abdominoplasty performed. A mini tummy tuck may take approximately 1.5 hours, a full tummy tuck may take approx 2 – 2.5 hours, while an extended tummy tuck may take longer. Review your options with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Tummy tuck duration

+1

A tummy tuck takes me an average of about two and a half hours, but can vary considerably.  It will take longer in a larger person, if more extensive muscle work is involved, or if combined with other procedures.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy Tuck Length of Duration for Procedure

+1

The length of time for a tummy tuck varies depending on the scope of the surgery, the expertise of the surgeon, the pace that the surgeon takes, and the quality and skill of the medical team assisting the surgeon. However, the typical tummy tuck for me is 2 -3 hours.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Length of time for a TT

+1

As you can tell from the answers, the time for a tummy tuck varies considerably. It depends on the amount of surgery that needs to be done, the amount of extra skin, how much correction the muscles need, as well as the surgeon. I usually plan on doing a full tummy tuck in about 1.5 hours, but I have some that take a bit over an hour and some that are closer to 2.5 hours. You should ask your board certified plastic surgeon approximately how long he or she would expect your tummy tuck to take.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Amount of time for an abdominoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question!  As you may have noticed, it can vary depeding on the physician.  In my practice, we usually estimate anywhere from three hours to four and a half hours depending on the patient, the severity of the muscle diastasis, and amount of skin needing to be removed.  I hope this helps you when it comes to figuring out an average. Best of luck!

Tanya Aya Atagi, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Length of time for abdominoplasty

+1

The procedure typically takes around two hours.  It depends to some extent on the amount of tissue and skin that are removed, and how long the incision will be.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Tummy tuck surgery..

+1

A "routine" tummy tuck with muscle plication takes me between 2 and 2.5 hours under general anesthesia.

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) should take about 2 hours

+1

Most tummy tucks are done in about 2 hours of surgery time, but it depends on the specifics of each case. For example if liposuction is done on adjacent areas that would add some time.

Richard Baxter, MD