Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Revision? How soon can I have a revision done? WHAT, if anything, can be done? (photo)

I'm 5'3" 165lbs. I am almost 7 months post op on my TT and Lipo surgery but my stomach is still hard and swollen. I developed blisters from surgery which turned into keloids and literally closed my belly button. I had lipo of my upper and lower back including my bra roll and my upper and lower abs but I think I am still shaped like a rectangle and still have overhang in the bra area. I'm very frustrated! I'm going to see my surgeon in a few weeks but I'm looking for some advice. HELP!

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Revision? How soon can I have a revision done? WHAT, if anything, can be done?

+1

Treatment of the keloids is mutimodal and may produce the biggest improvement in overall appearance. I would wait a year or so and then go over the options with your surgeon. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

I am sure the before photo would demonstrate a very different view of your afters. Thus there was an improvement. One issue is the history of keloid formation was a most to know before the operation... Also your realistic expectations as to the possible results to be obtained comes in to question. If you could please post a before photo..

Unsatisfactory tummy tuck and lipo

+1

It can take many months for tissues to soften after surgery. I would not suggest a major revision for at least a year, maybe longer...depending upon the quality of your tissues. Only your surgeon can make that call. What is concerning is your propensity to develop keloids which is in the biology of your wound healing...there is nothing you or your surgeon can do to change that. So, any incision made can end of with keloid scars, so beware of that fact.

Mark D. Epstein, MD
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon