Tummy Tuck And Lipo To Flanks What is Wrong with my Waist? (photo)

Had a Tummy Tuck And BA and also lipo of the flanks and outer thigh on Nov 09 2011 And there are areas around my waist the should not be there a big roll i am so sad about the out come of this can anyone tell me what is wrong i ask my Doctor he told me it was swelled and to lay flat on my back to sleep and he would see me back in 6 weeks.

1 week after TT

+2

You had surgery only one week ago. Relax. There is a lot of swelling and bruising. Listen to your surgeon.

Rolls after lipo and tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for the photos.  I see the are of concern and I would not stress over it at this point.  It very well may represent swelling but it could be some remaining excess tissue.  I would allow 306 months healing time.  This are will change its shape and contour during that time and prove to be an minor issue or no issue at all.  

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Abdominoplasty

+1

It is too soon after surgery to make any opinion of the end result. Not knowing what you looked like before surgery or exactly what was done at surgery it is impossible for anyone to second guess your surgeon. The most common problem after abdominoplasty is some redundant skin and/or fat at the outer ends of the horizontal skin closure. This will most likely diminish with further recovery from surgery. Some minor touch up surgery may be required down the road and the best person to do that is your surgeon. Considering all the things that can go wrong with an abdominoplasty including infection, skin loss etc. your results are not bad.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Tummy Tuck Swelling

+1

It is still very early!  Your results will continue to improve for about 3 months as your swelling subsides. 
It looks like the "big roll" around your waistline/flank area (what we call a dog ear)  is a combination of swelling as well as excess skin.  The swelling will go away in time and the roll will improve, but you may need or want to have skin tightening of the back area as well to further improve the contour. It's always best to wait for the swelling to subside to see if this is necessary.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

One week after surgery

+1

You are only about a week out form surgery, and there can be alot of swelling afterwards. Give it time to settle down before worrying too much.

Early tummy tuck/lipo outcome

+1
You are one week postop and there is an appropriate amount of swelling. Frankly, you look grew and should not obsess about the result. Part of plastic surgery is understanding that results aren't instantaneous and that healing is a process. Continue to followup and raise any questions with your plastic surgeon and enjoy your new abdomen!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Tummy Tuck and Lipo Results

+1

You are very early in your recovery and still in a period of significant swelling.  I find that it takes 3 to 4 weeks for about 70% of the swelling to resolve, and about 3 months for the final results.  I would not be too concerned yet.  Give yourself time to heal and continue your follow-up with your plastic surgeon.  Revisions are sometimes necessary after liposuction, but it is way too early to be concerned.  Good Luck

Donald Griffin, MD

Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

Considering that you are less than a week out of your tummy tuck surgery,  is much early to evaluate your results.  given that you did have liposuction of the flanks some significant swelling is quite normal at this stage in your recovery.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon to express your questions and concerns. I'm assuming you had confidence in your plastic surgeon when you chose him/her to do procedure;  I would suggest you remain confident in his/her abilities to address your questions and concerns during your recovery.

Continue to be patient with the healing process as it will take many months to a year to see the final results of surgery. Try to stay as emotionally  even keeled  as well.