Tummy Tuck and Flank Lipo Swelling (photo)

i had a full tummy tuck and lipo of my flanks a little over a week ago the day after surgery i looked really good and my sides were pretty flat ..i took a photo on my 8th day post op right before my appt to have my drain removed.. and my flanks look almost as big as before i did the procedure.. why did they swell so much im wearing my binder 24 7 besides showers does it maybe need to be put on tighter and does massaging the lipo area really help? it feels hard and lumpy then sometimes soft

Tummy tuck and liposuction 1 week results

+1

Your swelling is just a bit much, but I would not be too concerned at this point. It looks as if your abdominoplasty was performed very well. Continue to use the compression garments. I would suggest some massage of the liposuction areas, especially if you feel "lumpy" areas. You should expect to see a very notable reduction in the swelling by 3 months post op and then even some more subtle improvement for another 3 months after that.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and lipo

+1

The result looked very nice just after the bandages were removed. More than likely what you are seeing is swelling.  Give it time to heal. If concerned see your surgeon.