Can I Have a Tummy Tuck and Buttocks Fat Transfer at the Same Time? How is the Recovery? (photo)

I really really want a nice flat stomach but from photos of others the stomach seems to look better with a nice bum. Would it be best to do it at the same time? Is a Brazilian lift the same thing as a fat transfer?

+1

Yes it is possible but ONLY in person examinations can definitively answer this question. As for recovery, with additional surgery, surgery time the recovery increases. 

Abdominoplasty and Brazilian Butt Lift at the same time

+1

Thank you for the question and photos. Yes, these procedures are done together. I use the VASER technique which allows me to collect fat without much trauma to the tissues. I liposuction the abdomen, back, hips, waist and often the arms to collect the fat for the BBL. By subtracting fat from these areas, you already will have a more slim and athletic body. Most of the fat injected into the buttocks is in the muscle. You can lie on your back, will not kill the fat. The pain from this procedure is mainly in the abdomen due to the muscle repair or tightening. Besides pain medication, we provide our patients with other medications which in combination will give you more pain relief and faster recovery. See a board certified plastic surgeon who is well versed in these procedures. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Can I have a TT and BBL done at the same time?

+1

A TT and the BBL can often be done at the same time, and in my office it is frequently done so. The advantages include having one operation, one anesthesia and one recovery period. You will be more sore because of having both your front and back done and be more uncomfortable sleeping during the first few days. But I believe the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. You need to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Buttlift at the Same Time

+1

Tummy tuck and Brazilian buttlift can be performed at the same time, but the recovery is difficult.  You cannot rest on your stomach or back due to pain in both.  Therefore, you can only really rest on your side.  The second thing to consider is that the abdomen itself will never be as thin as it could be due to inability to aggressively suction it at the same time as the tummy tuck due to necrosis concerns.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Flat Abdomen and Better Behind

+1

A tummy tuck will flatten your abdominal area, selective liposuction around the buttock (on the buttock itself), plus or minus fat transfer to the buttock area should give you your desired result.  Please keep in mind that after an abdominoplasty, some of the times, you will be forced to sit on the transferred area, so your fat take and survival will not be as high as if your could stay off of it.

Robert Morgan Davoudi, MD

Can I Have a Tummy Tuck and Buttocks Fat Transfer at the Same Time

+1

There are pros and cons for doing these two at the same time, and best would be to discuss at a consultation. One pro is that much of the usable fat would be discarded if not done at the same time, so I would consider doing both.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Tummy tuck

+1

You are a perfect candidate for a tummy tuck. A Brazilian butt lift can certainly be done at the same time, but I advise against the BBL altogether. It is a lame procedure and a waste of money.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD